Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you don't mind me askin what did the setup run you from 4wd? I will be trying to put together a lift with YJ springs soon and was wondering how much begging I will have to do to get the funds from the wife. I plan on using the hangers made by Jim.
http://www.crabtreetool.com/

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey ErikEastman,

What color is that? Where did you purchase the paint? That color is bad *** and is exactly what I am looking for! :2thumbsup: Is it Matte or Gloss?

Thanks!

highred
X2!!!!!!
sharp looking color!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'd like to know which kit you used as well as any issues you ran in to, I used to follow your build thread way back when you were building your jeep, if it's in there I'll look it up. Also curious as to what I need to be looking at as far as bushing kits. I'm finally starting to re assemble my jeep (after 10 years, build thread will be started shortly) and currently waiting on Jim's front CJ/YJ shackle hangers and shackles to show up. Since it's pretty much a frame up build would one of the complete bushing kits be the best route?

Flipping the Drag Link is highly recommended on any suspension lifted CJ IMHO. Keeps the Drag Link geometry parallel and away from the Tie Rod.

I did this over 10 years ago for a Black Diamond 2.5" suspension lift and should eliminate the Pittman Arm from ever hitting when the axle is shifted 5/8" forward using the OME suspension lift. But, during full flex of the suspension, maybe not.

View attachment 3953707

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am using the daystar and had no issue getting them in to the spring eyes on either end.... except they don't seem to bottom out against the spring. I have about an 1/8 gap between the bushing shoulder and the spring. Is this OK? Here's a picture but it's tough to tell. The OME bushings are out of stock or extended back order everywhere I called.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks Jim, I thought I remembered somebody mentioning it in one of their build threads (probably yours) glad I didn't do all 4 springs 😅

·
Registered
215 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if I used some neoprene washers I could fill the gaps. After looking closely the gap is only on the spring eye ends not the hangar end of the shackle.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I purchased new flexible brake lines from Inline tube, they are for CJ7's with up to a 4" lift. I didn't read the dimensions before purchasing but after recieving them they appeared to be stock length. They are 18" in total length which is pretty close to stock from what I can find. Should I return them for longer lines or will these work? I haven't run the hard lines yet so I could fab up brackets and run them a little longer if needed but would probably only be able to gain an inch or two. Thoughts from those of you who've done the swap to these springs??? Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 9 Posts