Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the engine idles the oil pressure is zero when i drive it goes to 80 i had my sensor changed at the dealership last year. what could it be bad ground or bad sender

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
i ahve the same issue, my mechanic has told me twice now that the sending unit etc is working properly but my oil is gross, and very dirty coming out. I think this is clogging the sensor causing it to misread the pressure. I will be using seafoam in the spring.
Sounds like you need an oil change.

:laugh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no way, i change the oil and filter every 3000 and it comes out clean a little bronw but no sludge or metal shavings,

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the same issue, but mine wont drop to 0...it stays right at 80...gona change the oil asap and hope that solves the problem.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
what filter you running? i read a linc on here where a guy did a filter comparison and frams are prone to going to bypass . not sure how that would effect pressure ; but i'd try replacing it . cheap enough . zero at idle would normally have me thinking sending unit or pump or bad bearings somewhere . but to hit 80 with warm engine kinda contradicts that . replace the sender again .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i always us the fram tough gaurd. umm well i seem to have fixed the problem. i cleaned the battery terminals, both grounds to the firewall and the positive connection of the alternator i dont know what did it but its fixed now and the cars running smoother so im pretty sure it was the connection to the alternator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts