Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 60 of 1133 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
tube yj said:
the picture that launched a 20 page thread on pirate :rofl:

the gussets are nice but look at the welds they are using on there cages :rolleyes:
I was goint to coment on those welds too. They look like hell. I can't believe PSC would have that kind of crap on there stuff unless it is just a cover pass to give it some kinda bling factor.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
BART CJ5 said:
I was goint to coment on those welds too. They look like hell. I can't believe PSC would have that kind of crap on there stuff unless it is just a cover pass to give it some kinda bling factor.
go and search on pirate for it. the shop forman got on a defended it and that is not an cover bead. IF the weld was just on the gusset but if you look at the rest of the cage, all the welds on the cage are like that

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't they look pretty rough to you? I don't see much penetration.

·
H2 Recovery Team Member
2006 TJ Golden Eagle
6,699 Posts
FunkSkunk said:
google search.......................................
hmmm, no triangulation there. doesn't look like it would put up much of a fight against a sideways impact to the edge of the roof line. i know an XJ is harder to cross brace without cutting off usable cargo carea compared to a wrangler, but i'd at least add some corner gussets to that one, and probably a few diagonals to the roof area.

·
Sold my soul to JeepForum
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
sentinal02 said:
hmmm, no triangulation there. doesn't look like it would put up much of a fight against a sideways impact to the edge of the roof line. i know an XJ is harder to cross brace without cutting off usable cargo carea compared to a wrangler, but i'd at least add some corner gussets to that one, and probably a few diagonals to the roof area.
I agree but if you look close its not even welded yet, just tacked. Its a good point that needs to be said though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
839 Posts
^^sandles?! :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
My friend's wife came out to help us set the cage out of the Jeep and he had her grind a little... It didn't last long though, she directed all the sparks right at his neck while he was welding... I was trying to snap a picture of it but by the time the camera took the picture, he was raising up to say something to her.

·
Registered
179 Posts
How does JP Offroad reinforce the dash to make these steardy?

·
Registered
179 Posts
SWWEEEETTT

·
Registered
329 Posts
hey funk, anymore pics of that last cage you posted? it looks awesome and is really close to the style i want for my tj in the future.

41 - 60 of 1133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.