·
Mopar Nut
586 Posts
M. Schettl Sales, Oshkosh WI

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
I thought they figured out the levitating Wrangler back in the eighties?

Attachments

·
I miss the snow...
5,638 Posts
They did. Not Wranglers though. That CJ6 is from the 80's.
No, it's a wrangler. A YJ to be exact. The first Jeep to be called a Wrangler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure we're talking about the same pictures. The Jeep in the pictures I'm looking at has round headlights, an extended tub and longer wheelbase. To my knowledge that's a CJ6. The only thing I can identify as a YJ is the "family bar" roll bar. That may be from a YJ. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They did. Not Wranglers though. That CJ6 is from the 80's.
No, it's a wrangler. A YJ to be exact. The first Jeep to be called a Wrangler.

·
I miss the snow...
5,638 Posts
I'm not sure we're talking about the same pictures. The Jeep in the pictures I'm looking at has round headlights, an extended tub and longer wheelbase. To my knowledge that's a CJ6. The only thing I can identify as a YJ is the "family bar" roll bar. That may be from a YJ. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
That's really weird. The picture I see in the post you quoted is definitely a YJ - square headlights and all.

This is the picture I see:

Edit: I see it now - you quoted the post with YJ, but you were referencing SKT's earlier post. Those definitely look like CJ6's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's really weird. The picture I see in the post you quoted is definitely a YJ - square headlights and all.

This is the picture I see:

Edit: I see it now - you quoted the post with YJ, but you were referencing SKT's earlier post. Those definitely look like CJ6's.
Okay. We were talking about different pictures. LoL! And both correct. I didn't even see that picture in the earlier post. However it looks like more CJ6's were built in the 70's then the 80's. Less of an 80's Jeep then the YJ in that case.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
I’m no expert, but it looks like the CJ-6 was produced 1955 -1981.

I bet that diesel version was nice.

Attachments

3141 - 3160 of 3235 Posts