Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
unfortunately it's only half fake....
yep- I just meant that the pic I posted was chopped...

I've spoken to the guys a cuople of times, and looked at one (of their 4-door stretches) for sale in AZ 2 yrs ago.

to be honest, if I had the cash, I'd have one. I know they aren't everyones cup of tea, but I'd love to have on sitting on 35's to tool around in...

:wave:

Hoss

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
Sounds good to me. I'll take a Wrangler with enough room for the wife, 2 kids, and my 3 dogs. That would ROCK :2thumbsup:
agreed- I get tired of picking my favorite two out of the three kids to go with me an the Mrs' :laugh:

the red one would do just fine

and while were on the subject of stretches

Hoss

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
I dig scouts, too!

in fact, I like them so much I adopted not one, but TWO of the Scout/Jeep illegitmate love child, the '72-73 Commando's

Hoss

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
How about some pics of those then :cheers2:
to clarify: adopted, and then set free!;) (before the age of digital cameras)

'72 was a 1-owner, orange with brown faux wood siding and a white HT. 304 TH400 combo totally stock including hubcaps (payed $500 for it).

like this, but with wood down the side:

EDIT: actully, just like this

'73 was abandoned, brown with NO interior, and EVERY piece of glass (lenses, mirrors, guages, etc) busted out, interior srtipped, but not a single scratch or dent on the body, same 304/TH400 option (payed $100 for that)

I'll have to dig around and see if i can find some old pic's to scan in...

Hoss

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
I was kind of wondering why you would be driving with 2 gallons of gas on your roof. My passenger took this on the PA turnpike while we were towing the xj out to a 4 wheeling trip

because it's usually illegal to carry them inside the vehicle?

Hoss

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
...but what the crap is this thing?! :confused:

and why is he running her over?!
well, for starters, it's a 55-57 chev 2+ ton cab...

my guess is it's a half 4x4, half rolling pin of sorts.

...and that lady is Betty Crocker; (it's running over her to draw attention to the pillsberry doughboy protest of 1962, which publicized the fact that housewives would soon be made obsolete by that little bastards presurrized cans of 'homemade' biscuits)

Hoss

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
My first Jeep, a 1972 Jeep Commando. This was taken in June 1989 and I've owned it for 5 years by then. Even then, these were rare to see.
those '72-'72 Commando's kicked butt! I had one of each. My '72 was orange with wood trim, like this

:2thumbsup:

Hoss

1 - 20 of 146 Posts