1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Price $1450
Pros 4:1 Low, what else to say...
Cons Price
Recommended yes

Comments: I did a straight swap of the NV241 GII to the NV241OR for the lower gear ratio. Big diff in crawl ratio for rock crawling. Straight out swap, but it weighs 120 lbs...so need a friend or, in my case, used a motorcycle lift to get under the Jeep and lift old one out and new one in.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Price $1400
Pros An easy and great way to get the 4:1, no noise as in the Teralow unit, and keep the diff gearing for highway
Cons expensive
Recommended yes

Comments: I looked at all the options and wanted to keep the high range and 3.73 diff for highway use and good mileage but wanted a better crawl ratio. This turned out to be the next best thing - buying a Mopar part keeps my powertrain warranty and meant I could use existing drive shafts and not cut a hole for different tcase shifter...all in all a great investment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Price $800
Pros It was all put together with the SYE. Nothing to do but swap them out. Spins quietly. No mo grindin noizez!
Cons Dis is a messy job. Dunt no whi I did hur myself.
Recommended yes

Comments: Heavy Duty NP231J Mountain Garage rebuild w/SYE

I got the HD one with the added pinion gears, larger chain, and SYE. Did ya kno dat you need ta go steal yurself a new driveshaft wen you do dis mod? Dats worth another weeks of budwizer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $1
Pros I heard it was strong enough for the 5.7 Dodge Hemi I'm putting in from a RAM 2500 4x4
Cons I'll let you know when I find a challenge with it.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have no review as of yet. When I bought the Jeep it outlasted the crappy standard transmission that came with the stock 4 banger TJ. It is currently being replaced with another NP241 taken from a RAM 2500 4x4 with 29K miles on it. I'm still installing it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Price $10
Pros 4wheel part time
Cons stock
Recommended yes

Comments: stock t case. like the 4 wheel part time, but dont use it as much as 4wd full time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Price $1
Pros has sye kit, 4:1 low
Cons chain driven
Recommended yes

Comments: comes stock on rubicons, i like that its lower geared in low and already has the sye installed

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Price $450
Pros Great workmanship. Good price for what you get. Quality parts.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Review of J.B. Conversion np241c sye. Easy to install. Very good quality. Priced fairly. Fast shipping. What's not to love? Get yours now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.