Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 692 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start this thread in hopes of being able to do some meet and greets and some grand wheeling trips to bridgeport and other offroad spots, as well as meeting some new people to help with projects.
Please feel free to post pics of wheeling trips and recent mods.

I'll start,
I have a 2000 grand Cherokee limited with a 4" iron rock lift, sliders, and front long arms. Near Sherman/Denison area.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here is mine.
93 Grand Cherokee Laredo. 2in BB procomp shocks, brush guard, roof lights. etc... Hurst/Fort worth area

·
Registered
970 Posts
My name's Ian, in south Fort Worth and have a 96 ZJ Laredo 4.0, IRO 5.5" Critical Path lift, Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.5x15, Kevins rad support, some random brush guard I got off craigs list, and bout every bolt on (read "worthless") performance mod.

Here is my youtube channel which has a ton of vids from Bridgeport and a few local spots. They are un-edited so a ton of wind and swear words, but some of them are pretty funny.

ALSO I just ran into a dude on some trails who told me about a fab shop him and some guys just opened in north Fort Worth. www.fortworthfabrication.com They quoted me $600 even on kevins pre-runner tube bumper which is 650 from Kevin plus like 180 shipping.

Sorry for the long winded post

·
Registered
843 Posts
Igotta say those Grands look good lifted and you carry the whole family with ya

·
Registered
970 Posts
Igotta say those Grands look good lifted and you carry the whole family with ya
All jeeps look good lifted :thumbsup:

My back seats are out though cause I live in an apartment, so my cargo area is more like my rolling garage. I have a 4 tier tool box with a flip up lid compartment, spare d35 axle shaft, drain pan (just used recently as I blew my radiator on a trail) spare fluids, etc. I'm pretty screwed if I roll over. I have most stuff strapped down though.

Also, totally forgot to mention my other Grand: my daily driver is a gold 06 WK 2wd 3.7 liter 3.07 geared soccer-mom-mobile. This is my only real picture of it. It's an older picture from right after I lifted the ZJ

·
Registered
894 Posts
Iv got a 98 5.9 zjsomewhere around 7" lift on RC LA with 33"s. And bunch of other goodies.I'm in the Frisco area.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all that have posted so far, all very nice looking grands:2thumbsup:

2004 wj in Amarillo one of the last pics before the build . We will be in Bridgeport at the end of the month.
You guys have a set date yet? I would love to try and meet yall there.
I need to get my jeep out to stretch her new arms out:D

·
Registered
970 Posts
Cnolenwj said:
Thanks to all that have posted so far, all very nice looking grands:2thumbsup:

You guys have a set date yet? I would love to try and meet yall there.
I need to get my jeep out to stretch her new arms out:D
x2 I've been refraining from wheeling so I could save money (breaking is expensive) but I am itching for some trails. And every time I go with my wrangler buddies I end up in the middle of a four diamond questioning my decisions in life

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm Andrew from Richardson/ Far North Dallas area. I got a 98 Limited, stock right now trying to recover from about $2400 of repairs after I bought her :brickwall: Do any of you belong to LSJC? :cheers:

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Just got invited on a trip to Gilmer on the weekend we're discussing Bridgeport. Being as I've never been to Gilmer yet I'm inclined to check it out. Was looking forward to a grand trip, hopefully this first won't be the last and I can catch ya'll next time!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm heading to Broken bow the 26th, but I think I'll still try to make it down for the day on the 25th.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Cnolenwj said:
I'm heading to Broken bow the 26th, but I think I'll still try to make it down for the day on the 25th.
What's broken bow? I could totally Google, but I have a bad knee

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's a place in southeast Oklahoma. heard of beavers bend? Same place. The lady and I rented a super nice cabin for two days.
Supposed to have some pretty jeep trails too, nothing extreme, but should still be a fun trip.
You should Google it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I shall Google. I've only lived in Texas a year so I know nothing of these neat locations. Thank you for enlightening me sir

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:laugh: no prob man.
I'll see if I can't post up some pics and details when I get back. I've never been, everyone says It's a beautiful place.

So do we have any other takers for bridgeport weekend after next?

1 - 20 of 692 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.