Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

North Dakota Jeep Club

169407 Views 1532 Replies 85 Participants Last post by  WesternEdge
This club is out of Minot North Dakota. The club is not limited to just Jeeps. We take all comers and everyone is welcome. There are no fees to become member. We take trips all round the north dakota area and family members and friends are welcome to come as well. If your around the Minot area and would like to join our club email us at. [email protected]
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
3,376 Posts
If any one knows about Fargo clubs I would be interested in that as well.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
scotiez said:
Hey Fargo, there doesn't seem to be many of us around eastern North Dakota. If you find some clubs or somepeople who just want to hang out let me know. I'm in Grand Forks here.
I'll be sure to put something on the forum here as soon as I find something around here. In the meantime you can check out MN You should be able to meet up with some of these guys too.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
:OffTopic:

hi guys i need some help! i have a jeep cherokee sport, which has those charcoal grey/black kind of plastic protector bar on the sides of the jeep( i don't know what it's called..i would call it a shop cart protector but i don't know the technical name for it) anyways, if you know what i am talking about can you tell me what the technical name for it is and if it is something that can be replaced...and also if its possible to fix where i can find a place around the grand forks area that would have a replacement for it! thanks!
I think your question would be better answered in the cherokee technical forum. Post it again over there and you will get answers much quicker.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

By the way welcome to the Jeep forum. This is a great place to get all the info you need about your Jeep.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Hi ND guys. Fargo, I am just 300 miles down the big street from you. Maybe we can get an Eastern Dakota thing going sometime? My inlaws live in Hillsboro, I get up there once in a while.

Good thread dig, Outback. :wave:
Just give a post when your in the area. We'll see what we can do.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Bismarck guy here, just saying hello.

We should get a Badlands run together this summer.
Thats not a bad idea. They should have their annual 4x4 Rendezvous in June out there. Maybe some of us can meet up at the annual Redezvous and plan for something again later in the summer. They key will be to meet up with some of the locals out there so they can take you out on the trails since it is on private land.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Composing a list of active ND Jeepers here for easy referance...

Fargo - Fargo
Scotiez - Grand Forks
Kastiron - SE ND somewhere :shhh:
Actionplant - Bismark
RAVRaptor - Grand Forks
Snow99dohc - Rugby
Guitardude - Bismark

Yeah I know, I'm not in ND - I'm across the border in Manitoba, but still interested in some cross border Jeeping. Would like to do an international Jeepers meet-up some time. Perhaps summer 09. Our club may be willing to plan and host it if there is interest. Any thoughts on that idea?
Good idea with the list. Keep it going here. Maybe you want to add it to your post on the first page for easier reference.

Thats cool that your actually across the border. Maybe we need to be the Peace Garden Jeep Club.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
OK, the date we have for an International Jeepers meet up will be Sunday August 2nd at the International Peace Gardens on the Can-USA border north of Dunseith ND.

There is usually an Antique, Classic and Custom car show that same day, so anyone interested can wander off over there and have a look around too. One of our Members will be showing his 1959 WILLYS Wagon.

As far as I know (need to double check) the Park entry fee should be waived for any Jeeps participating in the Jeep meet/show.

Should we go ahead on this?
I can't say for sure if I can make it or not, but I think it sounds like it could be fun. I'll sure try to get there if it happens. Put me down for a yes, lets do it.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
List Update :) added myself...

Fargo - Fargo
kis86 - Fargo
Scotiez - Grand Forks
RAVRaptor - Grand Forks
Kastiron - SE ND somewhere
Guitardude - Bismark
Actionplant - Bismark
ynktn1 - Bismark
Snow99dohc - Rugby
99jeepwj - Rugby
kis86 - Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us and the ND Club. We'll have to try and get together since your right here in Fargo/W.Fargo area. Maybe we can go hit the trails at Spider Lake this spring. We better enjoy it this summer. I think its scheduled to be closed for good this fall. :mad:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=27

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Awesome :D sounds like a blast, I'm ready to get out and climb! I've never done any off-roading but it always sounded like a lot of fun. Now that I have a vehicle that can do it...I can't wait
The trails at Spider Lake are really easy. But they are very fun. Especially the first time. That is the place I got offroad for the first time.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Hi,
There are three of us trying to get something going around SE ND and would like to get information about anything that is going on in the state. All three are from the Montpelier area. The Peace Garden event sounds like something that we would be interested in and if something gets going out west we definitely want to do that.
Matt
Wow your first post is about getting together to to wheeling. Thats a great way to start on the forum. Welcome. Unfortunetaly there are not a lot of people here from that state and there are even few places to wheel. I think this thread contains about everything that happens here. I'll post something here when ever I go somewhere. But the only place nearby is Spider Lake in MN.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
hey...fargo....im in fargo.
Hey, me too. :rofl::rofl:

I wish we had some place decent to wheel around here. This fall I found out about a place south of Fergus a couple of hours. I'm hoping to check it out this spring some time.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
When do you guys typically take off the tops...50 degrees, 60 degrees? I can't wait!! Just when the flood starts looking better, we get more cold and snow :(
Depends on the year and how anxious I am. The first year I had the Jeep I had it off pretty early. Last year it barely ever came off. But that was due to me having a 1 year old in the back seat.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
It's the first nice weekend of the year, anyone up for some wheeling fun this weekend? I'm ok to drive withing a 3 hr radius of Grand Forks.
I'd love to but I have family in town. Of course even if I didn't I have so many projects started that I probably wont ever get out.:mad:

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Anyone headed to Buggies -n- Blues on the 7th? I'm planning on going as long as nothing changes.
Thanks for the reminder. I'll be driving through Bismarck that Sunday and told my kids I'd take them to the zoo. Maybe I'll see if I can get down there. Unfortunately I won't be driving the Jeep that weekend.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Hey Fargo, haven't been on in a while. Life kinda got busy! I am hoping to get a fargo club started by this fall(hopefully) their are alot of nice Jeeps in town. I have the forum sticker on the top rear of my cherokee window(was hopin to spark so interest). Anyway In the next few days I am lifting the XJ(fingers crossed)and gonna start lookin into some outings. Also glad to here that you did ok with the flood, I did my share of baggin, and loved the fellowship that came along with it, If we have the same scenario again call me up I'll help ya bag,lol
You know somehow that sand bagging thing just really doesn't sound like fun.

I'll keep an eye open for you. I don't have a forum decal posted on my Jeep anywhere yet. But I'm sure I have the only Rubicon Sahara in Fargo. Maybe even ND. Keep me posted about starting a Jeep club. I know there are some guys over on MN-Jeep.com from the area too. So you might be able to get something started. The biggest problem is that we don't have many trails to get out and ride on.

How much lift are you putting on? I'd volunteer to help you but I am trying to finish my basement and it consumes my every free minute. So I have Jeep repairs of my own that are not getting done. But let me know. Maybe I can still lend a hand.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Yep, still around. I'm not too big on mud so I will pass. I'm hoping to get out to Spider Lake some time this fall yet. I also understand their is a private place south of Fergus falls that I would lilke to check out some time.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
not so much mud right now. just crawling around. nothiing too skilled, most is stock worthy hills, and grass area. even though it isnt the 20 ft straight up wall to climb or the group of logs to clime over, it is still fun to go drive over stuff out in the open.
I wouldn't mind going out if I ever get a free weekend. I've been working on finishing my basement and it takes every free minute I have. But soon I will get to a point where I just hire everything out.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
how would everyone feel about a get together next weekend?? on the 22? do a meet and greet per say, drive around a little, and try to get something along the lines of a club going?
I might be able to get together on a Sunday afternoon for an hour or so. But otherwise I am busy every weekend finishing off my basement.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
... There was one thing I was wondering. I was reading through the MN OHV booklet and it states that if you are from out of state then you would use that states OHV license besides buying a pass for that trail. From what I can gather from ND off-highway hand book, they don't seem to have a classification for full-size off-road vehicles like our jeeps. How does this work?
I think you will have to purchase a MN OHV license. That is what I have done in the past. I also ran into a similar situation with my canoe. Since ND doesn't license canoes, MN wants you to purchase a license for it over there if you do a lot of canoeing in MN.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
On a different note, are there any shops in fargo that deal in aftermarket jeep parts? For instance lift kits?
BDS list these guys on their website. That is where I plan to go next spring for my lift.

EXHAUST PROS
C/O GM ONLY
2118 MAIN AVENUE
FARGO, ND 58103
701-293-9600

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.