Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm investigating into making my own catback soon and I've got 2 choices for exhaust tubing wall thickness. I'm guessing that most exhausts are made from .065" but I also found .0125" (1/8") but this seems like overkill so I probably just answered my own question but I just wanted someone to back it up before I buy anything. Also I plan on using T-304 Stainless so it lasts and I won't have to redo anything in a few years due to rust.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
isn't .065 greater than .0125? Must have amde a small mistake. Most exhaust is 0.065" wall thickness for ease of working with it. If you use the stainless 0.065", it should last at least 100,000 miles with no salt. If you really want it to last, get it hot dipped with ceramic.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I meant to write .125" but I still wrote 1/8" so you got the point anyway. After spending $500 and some change on polished ceramic long tube headers for my Mustang and after 500 miles I've got rust pitting through I don't think I'll ever waste money on ceramic coating again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.