Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a low mileage ( 110,000) or 178,000 kms WJ l6 basically from an older couple ive known for years.

ice cold air and what feels like has never been in 4WL! lever is very stiff going in !

so far done is 18" 08 wheels with 245/55/18 Goodyear eagle RSA cop tires yes she will be a street jeep.

Duel exhaust tip from 06 grand prix gt tip is staggered and fit well with some bumper trimming.

Installed the factory radio but plan to add a 6 disc from a T&C i junked .

I thought there would be lots of them in the junk yards , i want leather and limited gauges

Found a sign guy who will print wood grain from a piece of burl i have for the dash that will make it mine .

Had to replace the drivers pw motor and when i took it apart
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car Wheel
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Tire
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Bumper Plant
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

was shocked to see how clean it was inside.

Original spare has never been touched and smells like a tire shop when i opened up the rear.

Disappointed in the 18 mpg or so hoping to raise it up with front areo package

Also added vent visors from a junk yard with the same petina as the rest of it .

Did a quick ceramic coat before winter .

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Looks good! I’m from NB, so I know how impossible it is to find a mint Jeep there lol. 18mpg actually isn’t bad. Aero won’t change it, but if you have 3.73 gears and do a lot of highway travel, you could switch to 3.55s (but you’ll lose some low end grunt during acceleration). Other than that, stock sized street tires is about all you can do.

keep up the good work! I’m interested in seeing how the wood trim turns out.

and if you ever want to sell … ;)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking ride and yeah I would be happy with 18 ... I'm getting 13-14 now and that's on a reman 4.7L. I like the wheels. Is the spare compatible? Same diameter?
Im betting those 18s stand taller than the factory tires, which means that you couldn’t drive it in 4wd (if It’s a QD or QTII… that spare wouldn’t work)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good! I’m from NB, so I know how impossible it is to find a mint Jeep there lol. 18mpg actually isn’t bad. Aero won’t change it, but if you have 3.73 gears and do a lot of highway travel, you could switch to 3.55s (but you’ll lose some low end grunt during acceleration). Other than that, stock sized street tires is about all you can do.

keep up the good work! I’m interested in seeing how the wood trim turns out.

and if you ever want to sell … ;)
3.55 in it will post pic of the wood this is the burl we are working from or the lighter depends how it comes out , may try to woodgrain the sides!
Sleeve Ingredient Artifact Wood Cuisine
Brown Amber Pattern Font Peach

·
Registered
2002 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
174 Posts
Bought a low mileage ( 110,000) or 178,000 kms WJ l6 basically from an older couple ive known for years.

ice cold air and what feels like has never been in 4WL! lever is very stiff going in !

so far done is 18" 08 wheels with 245/55/18 Goodyear eagle RSA cop tires yes she will be a street jeep.

Duel exhaust tip from 06 grand prix gt tip is staggered and fit well with some bumper trimming.

Installed the factory radio but plan to add a 6 disc from a T&C i junked .

I thought there would be lots of them in the junk yards , i want leather and limited gauges

Found a sign guy who will print wood grain from a piece of burl i have for the dash that will make it mine .

Had to replace the drivers pw motor and when i took it apart View attachment 4133318 View attachment 4133318 View attachment 4133319 View attachment 4133320 View attachment 4133321 View attachment 4133322 View attachment 4133323
was shocked to see how clean it was inside.

Original spare has never been touched and smells like a tire shop when i opened up the rear.

Disappointed in the 18 mpg or so hoping to raise it up with front areo package

Also added vent visors from a junk yard with the same petina as the rest of it .

Did a quick ceramic coat before winter .
welcome to the forum...
as far as the miles per gallon or leter id put some new spark plugs, Coils, new or rebuilt injectors, air filter tune up on a computer. hope you get better milage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts