Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres another one for ya! I was under the impression that my TPS was going south, at WOT I was only receiving 3.5v, when it should be at 5. The rigg feels sluggish, and takes quite a bit of RPMs to shift. I bought a new TPS sensor, and the problem still exsists. I also checked my MAP which I replaced not too long ago. The only other issue that I know of is to check the PCM. Is there anything else that would cause the throttle not to open all the way when you have it floored? I held th

·
Registered
51 Posts
are you saying the engine RPMs don't go as high as they should at WOT, or are you saying the throttle plate (butterfly) isn't opening all the way? If that's the case, then you've obviously got some problem with plates sticking, a linkage problem, a throttle cable problem, something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
hopefully you've resolved this, it almost sounds like the TV cable.. looking at the engine, its to the left and back of the TB.. it has a white retainer clip, that you pull out, then you can freely adjust the cable. It can adjust from early smooth shifts with hardly a chance of downshifting, to late, hard shifts.. it'll usually take a few road tests to get it right.. be careful with taking the clip off... the can be brittle, and dealers dont carry them.. it would be a trip to the boneyard. $2.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.