That's awesome, excellent effort working through all that.
So cool to see it out an about.
You may have mentioned before, but any further plans other than driving? Any changes/ upgrades forthcoming ? (Not that I think it needs anything)
Good question! I still have two or three oil seals I need to change out, and I'd like to finish replacing the front brake lines. I know, not really upgrades - just things still on the to-do list. lol
I'm not sure where the doors are but I'm hoping to find and reinstall those as soon as I can. They're not in our barn so I'm thinking they may be at my grandparent's place somewhere.
As far as any future upgrades I can possibly think of:
Find a cool use for the PTO attachment
Maybe install an electric winch and retire the mechanical one (or hook the mechanical one to the PTO? Hmmm....)
Larger tires when the current ones inevitably fall apart
Some hand-holds on the passenger side, maybe mounted over the glove box door. So far my passengers have all been a little scared of falling out. lol
Obviously, install the largest and most gaudy-looking LED bar I can find.
Rebuild the Carter carburetor. It's leaky and just needs to be done.
The main use for this ride will pretty much just be exploring/patrolling our 40-acre farm. It's largely unreachable unless you hike, and can take a good twenty minutes to reach the lower field that I can simply drive to in the Jeep. (That field by the creek I posted photos of earlier.) I eventually want to clear enough space that I can drive the outline of our property in the Jeep fairly easily. It's nothing that a few weekends with a chainsaw can't fix.
I forgot to post this before, but here's a short video I uploaded over the weekend.
I don't recall if I mentioned this before, but I cleaned up and reinstalled the "auxiliary heater." It's an old, aftermarket under-dash AC evaporator that's simply been plumbed into the coolant system for use as a heater. It actually works remarkably well, but it's kind of useless without doors on the cab. Full blast it pulls about 6 amps, so I installed a DC motor controller rated for 10 amps that I purchased on eBay for $5.99. I had it on a Toggle switch initially, but now I have full control of the fan speed.