Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New to the forum - looking to get my dad's old CJ running again for the farm.

11066 Views 169 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Chowlie
Hey there - new to the group, hopefully going to be getting my dad's old Jeep running and driving again in the next few months. I know nothing about Jeeps, but am an otherwise experienced mechanic. These photos are from 2009 and are the only ones I could find handy. It's been sitting in our barn since then and needs quite a bit of maintenance. From what I remember the brakes are dead and it needs a new fuel supply. (It has had a boat tank hooked up in the past)

I'll probably be investigating it this weekend to see if it'll crank and whether it needs any wiring help. Fingers crossed it's not locked after all this time. Any tips or tricks about what I have here would be more than welcome!

Attachments

Reactions: 1996679
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
2011 Jeep JKU
Not that you aren't already committed, but could you 'gut' the stock air filter and just replace the insides with a quality paper filter?

I frequented a ford flathead forum when I had my '51, and quite a few people did this with good results

Hoss

Premium Member
2011 Jeep JKU
That's awesome, excellent effort working through all that.

So cool to see it out an about.

You may have mentioned before, but any further plans other than driving? Any changes/ upgrades forthcoming ? (Not that I think it needs anything)

Hoss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.