Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Read Only
54 Posts
Hey there - new to the group, hopefully going to be getting my dad's old Jeep running and driving again in the next few months. I know nothing about Jeeps, but am an otherwise experienced mechanic. These photos are from 2009 and are the only ones I could find handy. It's been sitting in our barn since then and needs quite a bit of maintenance. From what I remember the brakes are dead and it needs a new fuel supply. (It has had a boat tank hooked up in the past)

I'll probably be investigating it this weekend to see if it'll crank and whether it needs any wiring help. Fingers crossed it's not locked after all this time. Any tips or tricks about what I have here would be more than welcome!
Hey there - new to the group, hopefully going to be getting my dad's old Jeep running and driving again in the next few months. I know nothing about Jeeps, but am an otherwise experienced mechanic. These photos are from 2009 and are the only ones I could find handy. It's been sitting in our barn since then and needs quite a bit of maintenance. From what I remember the brakes are dead and it needs a new fuel supply. (It has had a boat tank hooked up in the past)

I'll probably be investigating it this weekend to see if it'll crank and whether it needs any wiring help. Fingers crossed it's not locked after all this time. Any tips or tricks about what I have here would be more than welcome!
You are my Hero !! Anyone who saves a Jeep, is my Hero !!! You have come to the right place for advise, you will find people here who simply, LOVE JEEPS !!! I want to introduce you to Rule No 1 for you project....... Get in running first. ( Do not forget the brakes ). Then, Once you got it running, you work on the Mechanics of the Jeep to make it 100% mechanically sound, 100% Stock will be your best investment moneywise. Leave the cosmetics for last, leave the seat covers for the very last. Regardless of how it looks now, a Jeep is a Jeep, and will never die. And rule No 2, do not stop it ever, unless, you take it to a Pro Paint Shop that will finish it once it’s started. I have seen one too many dismantled discontinued Jeep projects because people ant them perfect in one step, get it running, perfect mechanically, then, only then think of looks and beauty. Take this from a person who has restored a few. Please ask questions, we’ll be here for you all the way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.