Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New to the forum - looking to get my dad's old CJ running again for the farm.

12K views 169 replies 14 participants last post by  Chowlie 
That one looks to be in better shape than mine was (also a "farm" rig). I wound up doing a frame-off when I originally was thinking "just a few rusty bits to patch."

Just do us one favor ... promise you will not ever try to hang any kind of "implement" off the tailgate!!

Good luck and have fun with your project!

Reactions: Chowlie
That's off the bumper; fair game.

I'm talking literally OFF THE TAILGATE.

Like this ...

Edit:

Klooge was used as a "hunting" rig ... story goes, there was a feeder or something hanging off the tailgate. That's what it did.

SMDH.

Attachments

Reactions: John Strenk
Cylinder 1 should be the front cylinder. Firing order, if I'm not mistaken, should be 1-3-4-2. I'm seeing diagrams showing counter-clockwise rotation; might want to verify that. As to where the timing should be set for the 4-banger, I have no idea. The I6 is generally set 6-8* BTDC from the factory.

Awesome news on getting the ol' beast fired up and driving around!

./highfive

Reactions: Chowlie
Lordy, what happened to that sleeve? Don't think I've ever seen damage like that before.

I did that with the punch tip on my air hammer. Lol I had to burn the rubber out of it first with the torch, then the outer part was stuck in there pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Ah, gotcha. Oh, man ... burning rubber ... YUCK!

I got some air hammer drifts ... marvelous little things!

Wow. And I thought I had cleanup to do!

E-brake cables are like unicorns these days. Also, if you can, figure out the length of cable you will need; there are several different lengths for the main cable from the pedal to the connection with the junction/spreader.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.