Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a 2011 Overland V8 that while never left me stranded, was having more and more issues. (Dash delamination, interior wood trim coming off, more squeaks than I could keep track of, intermittent hard start, etc etc). I also hated all the chrome and Red color....overall was a great fun to drive car but I kept finding myself looking for a replacement.

This one popped up and after looking it over and driving it, absolutely loved it. I am aware of all potential diesel issues, but figured I would roll the dice and the dealer offered extended warranty that should cover mechanical and emission issues. Part of me feels like WTF did I just do.

First pic is 2011, other 2 are the new to me ride.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Sky

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

No major plans except possibly a GDE Tune, repaint the front bumper lower fascia (rock damage), and get front windows tinted. Some stretch items would be to retrofit Android Auto and rest will just see what comes up after first few months of ownership. Wish me luck!!!

Attachments

·
My Reality Check Bounced
19,563 Posts
May your miles be full of smiles....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you can find a good one at the right price IMHO this is the best engine option. They have immense torque and it's realistic to get 30+MPG unless you drive like a maniac, this translates to over 700 miles per fill-up so easy to forget you need to go to the gas station.

These work great if you tow or live in the mountains, the torque means these vehicles don't slow down on the long grades and the turbo retains most of the engine performance, even at high altitudes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can find a good one at the right price IMHO this is the best engine option. They have immense torque and it's realistic to get 30+MPG unless you drive like a maniac, this translates to over 700 miles per fill-up so easy to forget you need to go to the gas station.

These work great if you tow or live in the mountains, the torque means these vehicles don't slow down on the long grades and the turbo retains most of the engine performance, even at high altitudes.
Time will tell. Carfax showed no accidents and just routine maintenance at local dealer. She currently has 70k miles. I am not new to turbo engines, but never owned a diesel before.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The diesel option accounts for virtually all the sales of WK2s in Europe and the engines are very strong. 200k+ miles is not unusual for these vehicles. Most of the issues with US vehicles relate to extra emission controls.

There is a thread on this if you look at the Sticky Threads section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.