Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our daughter-in-law surprised us that she wants a Jeep!! It's GREAT news. I'm familiar with TJs and JLs, but new to JKs

She saw this color and I can't find it for the life of me. Any ideas? Special paint job? Odd color with the camera?

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2011 Jeep JKU
11,859 Posts
That's most likely a wrap or custom paint.

Jeep Rubicon didn't come with everything the same color like the jeep in that pic.

Might try contacting Select jeep Inc. It looks like they may have built it, or one just like it

Hoss

·
5,962 Posts
Color matched fenders and hard top were options for the JK Rubicon, color matched mirrors were not so my money is on custom paint or a wrap as Hoss said.

·
5,962 Posts
Just run the vin and get the build sheet.. It will show the color that the factory painted it. Buiild sheet is free and takes seconds to get a PDF of all options from factoryu
You made the assumption that the color on it is the color painted at the factory. It could be a good assumption but it can also be a bad assumption.

You also didn't read the first post, the OP is looking for the color of a Jeep that his DIL saw a picture of. I don't know about you but random pictures of MY JK on the web don't include the VIN.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
I just looked at the pic and question and yes I assumed it was at a dealer which post the VIN. most of ebay and other sites require a vin to be posted. So if someone noticed a jeep on one of those VIN required sites they could run the buildsheet, which would make my suggestion valid.. I dont get on here much anymore and maybe for the best..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts