Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New Shocks

173 6
I realized the other day that the bottom connection of my rear shocks have lost their rubber grommets, so its time for new shocks.
I now have over 100,000 miles on my rig, and I think my current shocks were put on around 9800 miles ago, sometime around the turn of the century. I no longer have a clue what shocks would be best, which is why I'm here.

I have a 2" spacer lift and currently have Rancho RS5000. I don't do a lot of off roading anymore, but like to have the rig ready if I want to. This is also my daily driver, I'm looking to spend as little as possible.

Jeep TJ '99 4 banger, 5 speed

I did do a search on this subject, the most current was dated 2015, I wanted something less dated. Thanks.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
I realized the other day that the bottom connection of my rear shocks have lost their rubber grommets, so its time for new shocks.
I now have over 100,000 miles on my rig, and I think my current shocks were put on around 9800 miles ago, sometime around the turn of the century. I no longer have a clue what shocks would be best, which is why I'm here.

I have a 2" spacer lift and currently have Rancho RS5000. I don't do a lot of off roading anymore, but like to have the rig ready if I want to. This is also my daily driver, I'm looking to spend as little as possible.

Jeep TJ '99 4 banger, 5 speed

I did do a search on this subject, the most current was dated 2015, I wanted something less dated. Thanks.
If you are looking for good budget shock for a daily driver it is hard to beat the Rancho 5000 series.

· Disturbed Jeepaholic
42,499 Posts
I now have over 100,000 miles on my rig, and I think my current shocks were put on around 9800 miles ago, sometime around the turn of the century.
I have a 2" spacer lift and currently have Rancho RS5000.
If you have stock springs, they might be sagging by now. Fronts should measure 12" and rear 8" as it sits. If you go with the Rancho RS5000X shocks, get the ones for 0-2" lift height or they will be too long.

Reactions: PDoyle

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Or get all new shocks ( with steering shock ) and new springs.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts