Pros stock ON JEEP
Cons Came with jEEP
Recommended yes

Comments: Stock on Jeep ON MUCH LONGER DOES IT NEED BE

·
Registered
35 Posts
Price $20000
Pros Provides power to my front driveshaft. I'm a big fan of 4wd. And the capability for front wheel drive incase of problems.
Cons Could be deeper.
Recommended yes

Comments: Came stock with the Jeep. Pretty deep, not the deepest. Pretty beefy, not the beefiest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $300
Pros Part-time 4WD, good on paved roads
Cons can't drive in 4H on dry pavement, ok by me.
Recommended yes

Comments: The Quadra-drive transfer case in my Jeep went at 80K. I was told that they were filled with the wrong fluid at the factory, and the previous owner never changed the fluid. I replaced it with heavy duty 231. South bay driveline (San Jose,CA) has built a custom driveshaft for this application. The Jeep spends most of its life on dry pavement, so it lives in 2WD most of the time. It's quite a bit more fuel efficient in 2WD. I still have the 4WD when I need it, for example for winter skiing trips. Overall, I highly recommend this conversion if you live in California or a place with similar climate. If I lived up north, I'd probably want full-time 4WD.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Price $1
Pros good in winter time
Cons sometimes if not all the way in gear, when driving u will hear ticking from the transfer case
Recommended yes

Comments: good t case overall. i dont do offroad to much just use my 4wd in the winter time in bad weather conditions and it handles my driving conditions just fine

·
Registered
134 Posts
Price $1
Pros Has put up with my abuse over 180K
Cons Does not have Full-time
Recommended yes

Comments: I have had no issues with my NP 231. Had supported my Jeep lifestyle and has yet to let me down.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Price $200
Pros easy to work on, simple construction.
Cons comes stock with a slip yoke.
Recommended yes

Comments: stock x-case was replaced with another. it has taken all the abuse i have thrown at it. we will see how long it lasts behind my 5.2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $400
Pros It makes 4 wheels spin
Cons Sometimes not all 4 wheels spin
Recommended no

Comments: I feel it is a weak t case. Im not happy with it, i have broke alot of things in it. A NP205 is much stronger and will be my next one,

·
Registered
287 Posts
Price $1
Pros Its's New Process!!
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Never had a problem. It's a NP! Best company out there.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Price $1000
Pros A sturdy little unit
Cons Good ratio, works well
Recommended yes

Comments: Well, what can I say. It functions well. It's not geared super low, but honestly I think 2.72 to 1 is low enough.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Price $1
Pros It's a New Process.
Cons Not that I can find.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great t-case. Well worth its weight in gold.

·
110K miles and counting!
156 Posts
Price $1
Pros Came with the vehicle
Cons Came with the vehicle
Recommended yes

Comments: Not a bad transfer case, but looking back I wish I had waited for the Rubicon to make its debut.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.