Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New JT Mojave kid on the block

4811 Views 36 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Joe Dillard
Hi Folks, I join you mainly from the YJ Tech section.

Here's a couple pics of my new '21 Gladiator which I purchased from a local dealer.

Now I need to shift a few things around in my garage so that it'll fit. :)

Short term plan is to figure out a front bumper and winch configuration that I like. Looks like the plastic factory bumper will need to either be modified or replaced.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi Folks, I join you mainly from the YJ Tech section.

Here's a couple pics of my new '21 Gladiator which I purchased from a local dealer.

Now I need to shift a few things around in my garage so that it'll fit. :)

Short term plan is to figure out a front bumper and winch configuration that I like. Looks like the plastic factory bumper will need to either be modified or replaced.
Welcome from VA - i got my jeep about 3 weeks ago (this was at Peters Mill Run).

Attachments

· Registered
142 Posts
I've grown to like it. I didn't care for it at first until I got close to it and got a real look. Generally speaking I'm not much for redish colors. Snazzberry is an exception. :)
If I was ever to trade in my '20 Firecracker Red Overland (got it in June of '19), Snazzberry would be the color I'd go for...get all the same options as my Overland but, add the Selec-trac transfer case.

Beautiful JT and welcome to the club :cheers::cheers::cheers:

· Registered
17 Posts
Love that color, Joe.
Thanks - I wanted the darker green (forgot what it was called - but with supply the way it is - gotta take what you can get).

Nice. I have a friend who has a campsite ~ 2 miles from there off Mine Mountain Road that's been in his family since the mid 70's.

I've wheeled my Honda SXS there a few times. Good times. :)
I absolutely love that area. Plan on hitting up another trail this weekend - if you want to come with let me know.

I've grown to like it. I didn't care for it at first until I got close to it and got a real look. Generally speaking I'm not much for redish colors. Snazzberry is an exception. :)
Snazzberry looks great in person. You chose well. Only thing i want for now is a lift (which i have a deposit on - for a 2" BDS lift) and then 35's once the stock tires wear down.

· Electric Chair Operator
14,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up buying the AEV 2" spacer lift, a Motobilt Hammered front bumper and an EVO 10k# winch last week. Tracking say's I should get everything on Friday.

Purchased a set of Mickey Baja Boss ATs in the 37x12.5x17 flavor which I'll drive to pick them up on Friday.

After I get everything installed, I'll be looking at regearing it and locking the front diff.

14,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Cleaned up the Motobilt Hammer front bumper today and started spraying it with some Rustoleum primer. I went ahead and taped the mounting studs and threaded holes for the factory fog lights.

Since it was a little cold in the garage, I put a heat lamp next to the bumper to warm it up prior to spraying it. Seemed to work fine.
White Bag Luggage and bags Silver Beige
Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Engineering
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Bumper
Automotive design Motor vehicle Aviation Automotive exterior Space
Automotive design Headgear Sleeve Hat Eyewear

14,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I finished applying two coats of primer on each side of the bumper. Next up is spraying at least two coats of black Hammered, Krylon Fusion.

Found a set of Arsenal matte black wheels in a size I should be happy with (17x8 5x127 +30mm offset/5.68" backspace). I ordered them today after I called to verify that there were 4 in-stock & was told they are. Website shows out of stock now.

These wheels should look nice.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Vehicle Hood

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.