Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Need to install daytime running lights 2000 xj

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  B3nRuss3ll 
#1 ·
Hey there, I live in Canada and recently purchased and imported a 2000 sport 4L XJ and I need daytime running lights in order to pass the out-of-province inspection and get it registered. The only problem with this is that I got a quote for $430??? I was wondering if there's an easy way I can do this myself, I'm not super good at wiring but I read somewhere that I might be able to replace my low-beam relay with a DRL relay? Just wondering if there's a more cost effective option;)

#3 ·
I would pay you to take the drl's out of my 2013 gmc sierra. It came from Canada and it is impossible to turn off the head lights while the truck is in gear. A super big pain when backing down a boat ramp or when trying to drive back into your hunting spot without shining headlights all through the fields and woods.

I'll take flannel, Rush and Trailer Park Boys but you guys can keep your funny headlight rules up in the Great White Nort.

#4 ·
GMC issue - are running lamp required where you live?

If not required talk to your friendly helpful Chevrolet dealer- the BCM may be programmable,

WOAH !! HUNTING THAT IS A PRIORITY - Will check GM when I have time to log on their site....

#5 ·
am being overly optimistic - hoping the jeep is pre wired

Look for the DRL relay harness at location in attachment, it will be a harness just hanging somewhere near identified location.

Confirm the wiring colors with the wiring diagram.

Attachments

#6 ·
You can buy a universal DRL kit on eBay and install it yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.