Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Is the soft top worth it or stay with t-top?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Waste of money

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2014 Jeep Unlimited Sahara edition, Black with the Freedom T-Tops.

Where I live it's either beautiful summer beach/island weather or it's SUPER windy and snowing/raining.

I'm looking for some recommendations on adding or switching out some items on my Jeep and have no local resources to go to for advice.....

(1) What's the best recommended tires for winter/weather that won't kill my 15min drive to work? Right now when it's windy and I'm on a huge bridge I get tossed around like a tin can.

(2) Has anyone done the black plasti-dip on their wheels? If so, how easy is it and does it hold up well?

(3) I'm debating about buying a soft top for "emergencies" if I would get stuck some where and it starts to pour down on me. Any options out there that aren't super expensive due to needing all the brackets/extra pieces?

(4) Looking for some after market front/rear bumpers that are tough but also won't break the bank and would still protect the jeep.

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated, thank you in advance! :highfive::cheers2:

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I added a soft top and I love it. It's just not a Jeep if you can't put the top down. The cheapest way to buy them is to watch craigslist for take-offs. Usually can pick them up for 6 or 7 hundred. If you do that, make sure you get the brackets and bolts off the roll-bar.

Also, the position of the front footman loop did change on the JKs, so it would be best and easiest to add a top from the proper years for your Jeep. I think it moved around 2011 but not sure.

Good luck with your new Jeep!

·
Registered
53 Posts
1) Best tires for best price i know of are goodyear wrangler duratracs. They go up to 35" tall (roughly) and they are great off road and in winter conditions. I can speak from experience because i have them on my jeep and the company i work for uses them on all of our work trucks. We drive in the rocky mountains during all sorts of weather conditions and i love the tires. They also seem to last forever which is great. My first set i had lasted 80,000km of light duty driving.

4) Check out smittybilt bumpers. They have a couple styles of rear and a few different styles of front bumpers. They may not last as long as a high end bumper but they look good and seem to perform well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.