Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '17 GC came with the wire harness already installed, but not the trailering option. Last May, I bought an OEM receiver and 7pin/4pin trailer connector and installed them myself. Last week, I finally got the GC into the dealer for some warranty work, and asked them to program the trailer lights too. I get a call from the service dept asking about some code that would have come with the connector. After 6 some months, I don't know where the paperwork from the connector is, so wondering how else to get it? They said they tried a couple of codes they had but they wouldn't work. This is a MOPAR part bought from MOPAR... what kind of code can they be wanting that they wouldn't already have access to?
https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/56055632ac.html

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,538 Posts
Something missing in the story or I don't understand it completely. There is no code associated with the pigtail, its just a bunch of wires. Perhaps they need to know what type of connector, but that should be obvious or available by part number lookup. Their test set should have a menu option to activate the trailer lights (and added to the VIN if required).

Perhaps someone who has done the with AlfaOBD or AppCar will comment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something missing in the story or I don't understand it completely. There is no code associated with the pigtail, its just a bunch of wires. Perhaps they need to know what type of connector, but that should be obvious or available by part number lookup. Their test set should have a menu option to activate the trailer lights (and added to the VIN if required).

Perhaps someone who has done the with AlfaOBD or AppCar will comment.
It's not the pigtail itself that is the issue. It has to do with programming the computer to utilize the trailer lights. If I remember right, it was asking for some 3-digit sales code, or something like that, to allow them to turn the feature on in the computer.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
18,538 Posts
Right, they add the sales code to the VIN/configuration. Is this the first one they've done?

Trailer tow group on mine is AHXP The hitch is XFHP, The wire harness is XF2P Dunno which one they need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went and got AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX+. I followed the guide elsewhere and got the trailer lights turned on.
Now to learn what other fun things I can do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts