Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some 35's real soon and I've narrowed it down to 3 brands/styles I like...

Right now I'm running 33 MTR's and absolutly love 'em. So I'm leaning mostly towards a new set of them, but have also checked out these others... trying to get the best tire/price combo possible...

35 x 12.50 Goodyear MTR at local Sam's club - about $180.oo ea.

35 x 12.50 Mickey Tompson Baja MTZ radial - National tire ad. about $170.oo plus shipping.

35 x 12.50 Toyo MT's - no price yet... need info.

I'd like to stay in the all purpose MT catagory, so I'm not looking for IROK's or anything like that... the heap still see's pavement.

If anyone has a better price source or opinion, has been running these tires, chime on in. thanks :thumbsup:

WoRM :dunno:

·
Addicted...
5,022 Posts
I had the baja claws....much quieter than almost any tire i've owned...including bfg's, m/t's, yoko's. And had great rock traction. Just look at psc....every rig they have has them. My .02 :wave:

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got_4_lo said:
one vote for the toyo's - very nice tires and very sticky in the rocks, plus of all those I think the tread pattern is the nicest :wave:
hav'nt checked totally on those... got an idea what $$$ they run? or even a link.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you can find them.
Yea no joke. I'm pretty sure 35s are the hardest things to get your hands on right now. I ordered 35" general grabber A/Ts in May of last year. They were (still are) on backorder so long I had to switch the order to Cooper M/Ts in November, and even THOSE were backordered over a month before I finally got them.

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there, i know this is an old post - but what did you end up going with?

....... :whistle: ;)
Lol, Wow. REAL old! 😜

That was for the YJ... and I finally found some of the old-style '35" MTR's, which were awesome!

Now looking for a new set of 37's for the LJR and hoping to get the Cooper STTs. We'll see?
The Jeep came with a newer set of new style kevlar MTR's, which I 'thought' were good tires. As they started getting chunked and worn, they performed less and less IMHO. Now they are a biatch to balance and even tho they still have rubber on them, it's time to get new shoes! I know first hand the Coopers hook up like a big dog, so keeping fingers crossed. We'll see.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Lol.

This resurrection was literally brought up as a joke (and to remind The Worm of his good ol' jeep roots) as I was bored.

Funny that it's carrying on and morphing though. Totally backfired on me.
I mean, if you're gonna resurrect an ancient thread, at least you chose one where the original info isn't exactly relevant anymore.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
Randy dont need 40s. He would have to lead Dusy then, ;). Off topic but looks like end of Sept last week 2022 is going to be Dusy Ershem this year, Randy gets 40,s lol. I found a few brave soles to run it, i mean lead it, we will see. Going to cold up there then too so bring your best Scotch. Ill bring the Bourbon.

I been running the Kevlar's on this junk now 10 years. All tires chunk out. Az is chunk master rock its brutal on tires. Not that sissy sand stone or smooth granite. We cactus that will kill any tire made here. The d rated MTRKs really dont hook up to single digits. I run 8 max off road and as low as 6 in Sandhollow, its like Moab just better.....In ten years i have seen so many tire cuts i could never count them. But i will say the MTRKs are by far the least, by far and wide. Now driver is everything too. It only takes one bad placement. But i have seen cuts on KTRKs that should have went trough and did stop at the ply. My 5 season on these. and they kinda look like Edward scissor hands was fondling them. Oddly they have never been re balanced since and roll fairly smooth still. they do need balancing though after near 5 years of total abuse. One i had to warranty as a terrorist cactus had its way with one and leaked by a few dozen pricks. these things are from hell really.

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
40's, ha! u guys so clazy!!!
Maybe when Bruin figures out the 'go fund me' thing, he can get me an account, too. Then I can get the Dynatrac 60's AND 40's. 😉
Looks like new meats on hold for now... ton of bills came due. :(
Will definitely get them on before Moab. Maybe even post a few pics of the new 37's in the TJ forum. hehe!

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got some new shoes for the YJ! It’s been many years... but finally got’er’done. Maybe I can enter the YJOTM now. 🤔

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
There is something peculiar about those Halos.

• Haha
Reactions: RockWoRM
1 - 19 of 19 Posts