Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first jeep, I don't know too much about them yet. I own a 1995 wrangler. My mechanic told me I need a new track bar, sway bar, and shocks. Also, in the near future, I am hoping to get a new frame (my mechanic emphasized that he does not know how it has not fallen apart in two pieces yet). Right now it's in poor condition, but I want to keep it & I'm willing to put the time and money into it. I am looking for advice on this situation, as I do not have a good network in my area (outside Boston/Nashua, NH/ Worcester,MA) and haven't dealt with this problem before. Please take a minute to respond if you have any insight; I would really appreciate it!

-Meaghan

·
Administrator
21,384 Posts
Owning a 20 year old vehicle and depending on paying a mechanic is a quick trip to the poor house.

As for track bars, take them off and toss in the trash. Sway bar is optional; if you keep it the bushings are ~ $20 and easy to change.

Before you do anything get the frame issue sorted out. Post pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
yeah toss the track bar, un-needed on leaf sprung jeep! cheap shocks are 20 a pop. sway bar has no way to fail unless it bent or something, besides the bushings.

Just remember mechanics are also salesmen, always trying to sell you sh## you dont need

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Not sure what track bar, sway bar, or shocks has to do with your rear. Maybe a picture of your rear would help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.