Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this winter has proven to be really difficult for the jeep. I currently have some mud treaded tires on this guy and I believe they're Open Country 35 inchers with a fuel hostage d531 rim on there with a 6" lift. I wanted to get some all-terrain or winter tires for these rims but it seems that the good brands of winter/all-terrains are for much smaller and thinner rims. I am fine with getting new similar rims but I don't want the thing to look silly with that big of a lift and small tires, any advice? Here are the specs from the tire and the link to the rims
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle
Rectangle Font Line Material property Pattern

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Software

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
512 Posts
Personally, I have used TRXUS MT's from Interco on both of my Wranglers. I had 33x12.5" in my 93 YJ. Never got stuck in any snow. We lived in Lowell MA at the time. They dug through packed snow to the pavement when other tires, particularly AT's and AS would just spin on top of the packed snow.
They were great off road and on. Also did very well on the sand at Plum Island for drive on fishing season.
Had 37x12.5's on my 2010 4dr Rubicon. They were quieter on the highway than the stock 32" BFG MT.
Currently don't have a Jeep. But my next one, the first thing I'm doing after the lift and gears is TRXUS MT's.
I have put a small lift on my Frontier just so I can fit the smallest size the TRXUS MY comes in.

· Read Only
170 Posts
I have Goodyear Duratracs on one Jeep and they're amazing in snow and ice. And I have BF Goodrich K02s on the other jeep and they're equally as good for icy and snowy roads, but just a bit less effective off road. But you can't go wrong with either tire for crazy winter conditions.

For a dedicated winter tire only, I fully would recommend Arctic Claw with studs.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have had Goodyear Duratracs on my 04 rubicon for several winters in Oregon mountains. They work great in the snow but terrible on icy paved roads. I have Hankook ipike rw11 winter tires on my pickup and they work well in all winter conditions. This coming winter year I am going to try them on the Jeep.

· Registered
6 Posts
I live in the N/E snow country and when I had to get to work in the winter, BF Goodrich KO-2’s never let me down on my JKU. They come in lots of sizes so you shouldn’t have a problem finding 35’s if you go that route. They’re pretty good off roading except in heavy mud. I still use them today on my Jeep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts