Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 5.2lt for my 96 Grand Cherokee!!! Haven't been able to get mine to time in months. Here's what happened....

About 6 months ago my water pump went out on my way home from work (I commute 62mi daily round trip to work and back). So my baby got parked. My hubby finally went to replace the water pump almost 2 months later. Of course as he's putting the bolts in to finish mounting the new water pump he stops paying attention and puts the top bolts in the bottom holes....😐😐😐... Top bolts are longer since the bottom bolts go through the timing cover... He tightens them down and bam... Snaps my timing gear in half....😭😭😭😭😭😭.... I get a timing kit and gasket kit and the ******* decides to turn the crank shaft half a turn before putting the timing kit in like a lame duck.... he puts the engine back together and tells me to start it. Of course at this time I have no clue that he's done this at the time and I try to start it. Smh... Won't start....speed it forward.... Here I am six months down the road and still can't get it to time. At this point I'm just going to put another engine in it and be done... I want my car back!!!! I miss my car!!

If anyone has a 5.2lt V8 for a 1996 Grand Cherokee PLEASE help!!! Even if you know where I can get one for a decent price I'd love the info!!!!

Β·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m selling a whole 1998 grand Cherokee 5.9 low mileage. It runs and drives but the suspension is destroyed. Would be a great donor vehicle, or you could swap over your suspension and axles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts