Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Willing to receive free donor parts anytime!!
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to acquire all necessary replacement parts before starting my clutch replacement. Can Anyone tell me.. other than a dirty mess.. name of this part or these parts.
Obviously a transmission mount is in there somewhere but what are (or is) the mounts, plates or whatever they're called also attached here?
The biggest piece seems to be rubber and then there's a mounting bolt out the driver's side that has a destroyed grommet I'll need to also replace.
There are front and rear angles of the area. Thanks in advance.

JR

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Jaw Wood Bone Auto part Natural material
Jaw Wood Bone Auto part Natural material
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Wood Branch Trunk Tints and shades Art
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
949 Posts
Torque arm and trans mount (sometimes called rear engine mount) . The bolt with the grommets is there to keep the engine from twisting too far. Looks like you have an extra piece of steel between the torque arm and trans.

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Exact names are:

Font Slope Rectangle Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome response from everyone here thank you!.. Some days when I come inside from working on Effy I feel discouraged and over my head but then a nights sleep and this kind of forum support I'm encouraged and feel capable.. until next time lol.
Hey Bagus is there another page or figure that continues the parts list? I probably will have to buy the bolt (or stud?) #24 and some of the others individually.
Thank you all again!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
You would be surprised when you get all the gunk off that bolt, how good it probably still is, and may not need a replacement.

Clean under there first, then you can really see what just needs adjusted, and what needs replaced.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're very correct and she definitely needs a cleaning first. Dang I wish we had our own place and my own garage.
This weekend being the weekend we'll be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary I probably won't get to do much on the jeep. But when I do.. first up will be pressure washer time!
But I'm going to try to get enough time before then to pre-spray(soak) it with the purple power real good. The crap is on there thick as anyone can see in the above pictures.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Try to spray off the first layers of dirt, so when you hit it with Purple Power, it has a better chance of getting to the oily crud underneath.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
And early congratulations to you and your bride of nine years :)

Reactions: JeepRebel and RET

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Awesome response from everyone here thank you!.. Some days when I come inside from working on Effy I feel discouraged and over my head but then a nights sleep and this kind of forum support I'm encouraged and feel capable.. until next time lol.
Hey Bagus is there another page or figure that continues the parts list? I probably will have to buy the bolt (or stud?) #24 and some of the others individually.
Thank you all again!
Go to Morris 4x4, or Quadratec, or 4WDparts etc etc and search for "Transmission Mount" you'll find every thing you need.

JS

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Font Rectangle Slope Parallel Pattern

A few part numbers can still be relevant but I use these parts books mainly to identify what should have been there and how it was assembled. For instance an 'insulator" is the correct name and I even have a part number but Rock Auto will probably sell it as something else.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for the congrats and all the help guys. I may squeeze in the pre-pre-spray pressure washing this afternoon before our celebratory weekend starts!.. 🤞🤞

1 - 16 of 16 Posts