Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My Jeep Build

3976 33
my jeep was bought new and has been in the family since.
i bought it off my dad and it still has stock everything.
going to build it up and make it nice.
this is forum to the build up of my 1995 YJ Jeep

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
i have posted question on all types of stuff.. this jeep is almost a jeepforum jeep.. i don't really buy anything with out talking it over on forum... but now my jack broke >.< i got to find a new one or just replace the bar.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I would get a high jack or similar type farm jack, If you want the stock part for yours you could have mine for the shipping cost. What exactly is the part you need?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get a high jack or similar type farm jack, If you want the stock part for yours you could have mine for the shipping cost. What exactly is the part you need?
the bit in that was in the front of the picture.. i would send shippiung cost.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
add ons

this is what i have bought and put on so far.

bumper... pretty easy to put in but i could not ge all 4 stock screaws back in... so i only have 2 1/2... lil unsafe?

just b.c it looks cool and gives me more air on the inside..

the handles where not as cooll as i hoped

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just have to ask. what is the deal with the spider/webs?
my dad did it when he frist got the jeep.. we never changed it... i was thinking about it but i really like it...

i might change it to Mr. yuck or army camo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got a new radio. JVC badass thing.. i think thats the name... i got to take out my tape deck 1st lol.. my dad jerry rigged it to hell ^.^ it is awesome!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sooo we put the radio in and hooked up front left and right speckers and it works after fuseing it stright into a open port..... but after playign with it and set all my presets and what not it just clicked out and stoped workking >.< checked the fuse and the wire.. i think the radio just died or somethign?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sooo we put the radio in and hooked up front left and right speckers and it works after fuseing it stright into a open port..... but after playign with it and set all my presets and what not it just clicked out and stoped workking >.< checked the fuse and the wire.. i think the radio just died or somethign?
fixed the radio./... it took a 15 amp fuse and i had a 1amp in-line fuse that gave way and i didn't notice it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i'm pretty sure the air-scoop thing goes the other direction.
facing towards the windshield.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm pretty sure the air-scoop thing goes the other direction.
facing towards the windshield.
it can go eather way. i like it pointing out rather then in.
i learned that pointing in is called cowl

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its been proven that you get more air flow when its pointed towards the windshield, the lack of aerodynamics of the YJ pretty much bounces air off the windshied and rams it into the scoop.

Nice build, not going to lie, I think the web is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not bad so far, the spider web is pretty cool in it's uniqueness.

One thing I'll recommend, if you don't have rear speakers, get a sound bar or make some speakers for the rear! I have a stock sound bar and put some new 4" speakers in it and with the Sony Xplod's up front, I can hear the radio with no doors and no top! Stock fronts alone, I couldn't hardly hear the radio with the top and doors on! LOL

Nice bumper too! Looks like it's in the right hands now. One thing I'd recommend, drop that gas tank skid and paint it up with some good rust preventative paint! It'd look so much better if you did! :)

Nice Jeep btw, I'll keep watching your build, looks different from some of the other builds I've seen here lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not bad so far, the spider web is pretty cool in it's uniqueness.

One thing I'll recommend, if you don't have rear speakers, get a sound bar or make some speakers for the rear! I have a stock sound bar and put some new 4" speakers in it and with the Sony Xplod's up front, I can hear the radio with no doors and no top! Stock fronts alone, I couldn't hardly hear the radio with the top and doors on! LOL

Nice bumper too! Looks like it's in the right hands now. One thing I'd recommend, drop that gas tank skid and paint it up with some good rust preventative paint! It'd look so much better if you did! :)

Nice Jeep btw, I'll keep watching your build, looks different from some of the other builds I've seen here lol
i asm really hopping to drop in behind the read sit. there is a box i can buy or build and it is bolted down putting in a amp and two 10in sub that point down into the frame for sound you rally can feel... :2thumbsup: i am hopping to post more pictures soo but my camra is being very tempermentl :ballchain:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got new radio in

new JVC from best buy with a 10% off for beeing fire and resuce ^.^
USB, CD, HD, FM/AM, iPod (sucks) and you can get XM and what not

it was a ***** to get in becuase i had to take it out a few tmies till i notice the ground cable was no good and the in-line fuse from the old radio blow
old radio was a 1amp fuse new needed a 15 ^.^lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
i asm really hopping to drop in behind the read sit. there is a box i can buy or build and it is bolted down putting in a amp and two 10in sub that point down into the frame for sound you rally can feel... :2thumbsup: i am hopping to post more pictures soo but my camra is being very tempermentl :ballchain:
I found a set of speakers in a housing at Walmart for about $20. They sit behind my rear seat and put out plenty of volume without an amp.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think amps and speakers are not good for wranglers..As soon as you are driving around with ur top off and have your radio loud..Some methhead or neighborhood reject is goin eyeball your jeep and snag it..Ive always have had nice stereos and speakers..I have nice speakers now sitting my garage because I wont put them in my wrangler.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think amps and speakers are not good for wranglers..As soon as you are driving around with ur top off and have your radio loud..Some methhead or neighborhood reject is goin eyeball your jeep and snag it..Ive always have had nice stereos and speakers..I have nice speakers now sitting my garage because I wont put them in my wrangler.
-.-* i know what you mean :ballchain:

but i really want a sub so i can REALLY feel the bas.. plus i love techno
lastly the system that gose in the back of the jeep get bolted down... not the best idea for my money but it is just on my WISH LIST
:ballchain:

ou can do what i did, get a center console/amp carrier/sub carrier and then weld the amp down
i looked into that one but i rather like how the YJ dosen't have a middle bit and my friends can step there to get out when there to dam lazy to move the chair... lol plus the specker would be pointtnig STRIGHT at the people in the back seats and two of one things would happen
1 soneone kicks it >.<
2 i always have it off b/c it hurts there head.:ballchain:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.