Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Getting the mud out of the front stack of coolers is always harder then getting them dirty. like three in a stack right there. First one is a flat plate cooler for the Trans. then the AC then the Rad. rather tight in there. Good thing no after cooler for a turbo or you could add that to list..

if the temps seem higher after that is why.

Only time i do mud is if there is no other way around. But here there so many trails one can run like starting a few miles away. I hate mud and I hate quick sand after a friend just about sank a yj. If he had not stopped and quickly back away from the place he was heading.......I was right behind him and as fast as i could grab the CB to tell stop back up, he was backing out fast.....was kinda funny after. he said he felt it start to sink. i said i seen you go down to wheels fast. like one of those Gravoid's things pulling it down.lol

·
Read Only
54 Posts
My Hat off to any person who gets an Off Road machine, and gets it dirty !!!
I have competed and enjoyed Off Road for over 40 years, used to do that, Mud to the Top !!!, but not anymore, I now stick to tracks that are tough, but not mud. Is very hard to clean mud out, I commend you for that, I know you are having a Blast of Fun, also lots of work !!!
I just got another Jeep for the dirt, and first thing, A/C system out, condenser out !!! If I was going to have A/C, I would mount the condenser on the roof with an electric fan. You are playing with fire, almost literally, by riding with the condenser/radiator clogged. The Tranny O.C. can be mounted anywhere with an electric fan too. Anyways, is cheaper to do all this mods than replacing blown engines and Trannys.
Congrats and keep posting photos, you keep my good memories alive !!!
Sleeve Gesture Font Elbow Thumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts