Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest project/build. Started with my running/driving 1994 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 6-cylinder, manual 5-speed. 7 weeks later it now has a 2005 5.7 Hemi and 5-speed automatic (545RFE) and the stock 231J. I had previously installed a SYE, CV joint shaft, and Explorer 8.8. Though there are many Hemi Jeep kits there are no kits built or sold to install one into a YJ. I have only found 2 YJ's with hemis on the internet! I built my own custom motor mounts, transmission mount, air intake, exhaust, t-case shifter mounts, etc. etc. etc.... I was able to position the motor so that I could use an engine driven fan. I used a Lokar shifter and both shifters come up in the stock position and are actually covered by the factory boot. I even have all of the factory gauges working including the tachometer. Though it ran fine with the stock fuel pump it was bleeding back and I had to cycle the key 3 times before it would start. I installed a Walbro 255lph pump and now it fires immediately when you turn the key.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man thats wreckless! So cool... I'd love to put a HEMI in but not my cup of tea... actually looking into the 350 ! Starting it this Spring very excited! Like the photos seeing those make me excited and look forward to the project of mine. I have a TJ 2001 putting a GM HO 350 small block in... Curious what tranny did you use? (prob automatic eh?) and what axles do you have (differentials).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man thats wreckless! So cool... I'd love to put a HEMI in but not my cup of tea... actually looking into the 350 ! Starting it this Spring very excited! Like the photos seeing those make me excited and look forward to the project of mine. I have a TJ 2001 putting a GM HO 350 small block in... Curious what tranny did you use? (prob automatic eh?) and what axles do you have (differentials).
I had an AX-15 all set up behind it and decided to take the advice of practically everybody that it wouldn't stand up. I ended up using a 545RFE automatic. the transfer case bolted right up to it as well. I had previously installed an Explorer 8.8 with 4.10's and posi. The front axle is still the Dana 30 (4.10) at this point. I originally had a Chevrolet 5.3 & AX-15 setup to go into it but I decided I wanted more of a challenge so I sold it to a friend and went with the Hemi instead. If you're not dead set on the 350 I would highly suggest you research using an LS series (4.8, 5.3, or 6.0) instead. You will have a much better setup......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I already have the engine GM HO 350 sb mint condition basically a steal out of a car in Toronto guy was giving up his show days.... got it cheap. I still wondering what to use for an axle.. for the rear. I was told DANA 44 or F8.8 ... and I can keep my front axle (stock) I'm running the manual tranny nv4500. Will see how it goes but thanks for the response I greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My latest project/build. Started with my running/driving 1994 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 6-cylinder, manual 5-speed. 7 weeks later it now has a 2005 5.7 Hemi and 5-speed automatic (545RFE) and the stock 231J. I had previously installed a SYE, CV joint shaft, and Explorer 8.8. Though there are many Hemi Jeep kits there are no kits built or sold to install one into a YJ. I have only found 2 YJ's with hemis on the internet! I built my own custom motor mounts, transmission mount, air intake, exhaust, t-case shifter mounts, etc. etc. etc.... I was able to position the motor so that I could use an engine driven fan. I used a Lokar shifter and both shifters come up in the stock position and are actually covered by the factory boot. I even have all of the factory gauges working including the tachometer. Though it ran fine with the stock fuel pump it was bleeding back and I had to cycle the key 3 times before it would start. I installed a Walbro 255lph pump and now it fires immediately when you turn the key.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
hello my friend. i have a wrangler yj 1994 4.0. i want to swap a hemi in it and i also want the stock gauges to work properly. what harness did you use for the istallation ? thanks in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts