Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Tar Heel
7,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have read the articles, not to belabor the point, but do to sun screen and working in doors, my vita D levels were way to low. started taking vita D3. brought levels up to normal. who knows what is good these days.
Thats not a multivitamin.

·
I Like to Camp
8,460 Posts
I think it's interesting that the first Scientific American article says that "some physicians said"... I'll certainly say that MDs are great if you're bleeding to death, but in my opinion it's best to stay away from them and their questionable pills.

They, including the pharmaceutical industry needs sick people and they don't like competition from people seeking alternatives which drives these kinds of articles. Yes, I'll agree that just taking a multivitamin is not targeted, however Americans largely eat nutritionally void diets due to all of our cheap, processed foods. I've run into diabetics that stuff their mouths daily with McDonalds while their trusted doctor has them on synthetic insulin with its own long-term side effects. I have a family member that eats a lot of crap, is horribly overweight, and his doctor has him on questionable pharmaceuticals instead of telling him to clean up his diet and lose that gut.

Also, I personally work in publishing. You know what the two top-dollar advertisers are these days? Law firms and pharmaceutical. In fact I was just having a conversation with our ad representative firm and how their suggestion was to increase the number of medical articles that we publish to increase our chances of landing pharmaceutical advertising, and believe me those article need to be pro-pharmaceutical, not about people popping vitamins. Just saying... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
For better health you should get vitamins naturally from natural diet. A well established diet has ton of benefits on improving the health as well as fitness. So my advice is to add the foods which are rich in vitamins into your daily diet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd disagree with you a little bit. Vitamins play a vital role in normal functioning of our body. The deficiency can badly impact your overall lifestyle. So what would you do if your diet doesn't contain enough vitamins to fulfill the needs of your body? Read this list https://sportsinside.co.uk/blogs/post/vitamins-for-energy of vitamins which boost energy in your body and make sure your body is not deficient to any of those.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I started drinking Vitamin C and Multivitamins when the pandemic started. Before I started taking them, I easily got cough and colds. It's been over a year and thank God, I haven't gotten sick. Of course, a healthy diet helped a lot too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I started drinking Vitamin C and Multivitamins when the pandemic started. Before I started taking them, I easily got cough and colds. It's been over a year and thank God, I haven't gotten sick. Of course, a healthy diet helped a lot too.
You havent gotten a cold during the pandemic because you havent been in enough contact with people to catch one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts