Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price $50
Pros Idles much smoother, easy to tweak.
Cons might take some fine tuning to get it to run properly.
Recommended yes

Comments: This upgrade is far better than the carter carb that came stock on the early YJ's. Do the nutter bypass at the same time for best results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $50
Pros Cheap!
Cons Floods once in a while on steep hill climbs.
Recommended yes

Comments: A friend recommended the MC2100 to me and it has worked really well. The MC2100 was easy to install with a simple adapter and gasket kit. Most of the trails I run are pretty mild and the MC2100 rarely gives me reason to complain. I have noticed that if I am on a really steep incline or side hill it begins to flood a bit. This issue might be cured when I get the carb. professionally rebuilt. I would recommend the MC2100 as an inexpensive and simple improvement to your 258.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Price $350
Pros Better then the Carter in every way.
Cons No issues as of yet.
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed the MC2100 a year ago. Fairly easy to adapt with the right stuff. Jeep runs so much better and i was able to get rid of 85% of the wiring and vacuum hoses under the hood.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Price $300
Pros Awesome kit, easy to install
Cons price
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought my kit from ehrmannmp on eBay. He was very helpful and provided all the information I needed to install the kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Price $285
Pros Got this carb from the guy on Ebay, took it out of the box and have had no problem with it
Cons no cons
Recommended yes

Comments: I have 10k miles on it and it works great no problems, what so ever, much improved over the stock elec garbage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price $285
Rating 5
Pros Absolutely transforms your Jeep. A MUST for anyone still running a Carter or struggling with a Weber.
Cons Doesn't come with a six pack of beer.
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the kit from "the guy on Ebay", his user name is ehrmannmp.

This will end your carb problems. Get the kit, follow instructions closely, and you will not be disappointed. If you live anywhere near Colorado Springs then he'll even install it!

My 1990 YJ purrs thanks to "the guy on Ebay" who installed the kit for me. I added the cool chrome air cleaner and electric choke kit which really completes the package. I'm going to do the nutter bypass myself which is also recommended. I think there was a mile of vacuum hose that is now gone too! Super clean!

Worth every penny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $30
Pros Better idle, ease of rebuild
Cons PITA to install, takes time and effort to play with it.
Recommended yes

Comments: I'd do this in a heart beat. This is a great way to get rid of the crappy carb that comes with the vehicle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Price $200
Pros Just plain runs no matter what
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Installs easy and cures the problems cause by the carter. Coupled with any ignition upgrade will cause significant horsepower gains.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Price $229
Rating 5
Pros When bought in EBay kit an easy conversion. Stable, smooth running, simple.
Cons Had a little trouble setting up choke
Recommended yes

Comments: The best mod I have made to my Jeep by far. I ordered the kit from the fellow in E-Bay and it included everything I needed. If you are still trying to put up with a Carter BBD do yourself a favor and get a Motorcraft 2100 from that guy. The difference is unreal. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Price $200
Pros This thing purrs
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: This carb is great. I can put it in 2H first gear and let my foot off the gas and the thing will crawl, only minor jumping when rpm's get very low. Very smooth

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $295
Rating 1
Pros Carb. would be an excellent if mine actually worked.
Very simple design and easy to work on.
Cons The carb. I received is defective.
Recommended no

Comments: I had an old MC2100 on my Jeep when I bought it. It needed a rebuild but there were pieces I thought were just worn out. So I opted for a new carb. Bought my kit from ehrmannmp on eBay. I have read the reviews here on the Forum and I don't disagree with the positive comments made about this carb. No doubt their's work, mine doesn't. I've tried to get help from ehrmannmp but he either doesn't contact me back or his only attempt at help was him saying it sounds like a vacuum leak. I did everything I new to do, then took it to my mechanic who i've been dealing with for 15 years and he couldn't figure it out either. This has been going on since March. I was at my wit's end. desperation took over and decided to rebuild my old tired MC2100 from the "80's. I got a kit, rebuilt it, and installed it and my Jeep runs like a champ. So the brand new carb. is defective. My point is if you choose to buy this kit assume you will receive no help from ehrmannmp, and that even the replacement warranty is bogus, because that still hasn't happened. I have been respectful in my dealing with this man and paid immediately. I now have, after 7 months,:brickwall a $295 paper weight. Buyer beware and hope your not one of the few with a bad carb.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Price $280
Pros CJ runs smoother and with better throttle response - improved MPG
Cons None so far
Recommended yes

Comments: I got the MC2100 kit from the guy on eBay. I ordered the kit with the electric choke already installed. Install was very easy and straight forward. My jeep runs better with this carb and I am getting 16-18 MPG running 4.56 gears and 35's. Great upgrade for me so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Price $200
Pros Smooth operation at speed,
Cons having some trouble getting idle dialed in
Recommended yes

Comments: Smoothed out the driving and got rid of the sputtering of the carter. Has better power but not a huge difference. Deffinitly trust its reliability a lot more.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.