Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought this carb back in 2013 from the ebay guy. I bought the electric choke with the kit, the directions were very confusing and the choke he sent was backwards as he said the carter was but I figured it out. The hot air choke fitting you talk about plugging, mine also had a fitting and I called him and asked why it was there since I specified the carb to be set up for electric choke, he said it was plugged internally, which is it was. Next thing I was concerned as you were about it being a new carb, also that it had no markings or tags in case pars were needed, I talked to him about that also he said he had some one casting and making carb bodies and stamping (markings) were extra he then sent me a text with the carb number if parts were needed. Last of all my carb ran way to rich so I put smaller jets and power valve, when I took carb off to install the power valve I found the power valve had failed and was leaking (could have been why running rich) I think I need to step up one size in the jets and power valve for a little more punch but all in all the jeep runs way better than it ever did with the carter. So even though there were some issues it seems to be worth it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.