Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend wants me to help him put a 1.25 inch body lift on his 05 TJ with a 4.0. My question is on motor mount lift. What is perferable the spacers that raise the factory mount or a complete replacement extended mount? If so why? (in your experiance) and which ones to get or stay away from. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Check the bushings on your current mounts. If they're still good (and on an '05 they should be fine), the spacers work great. However, if the bushings are close to crapping out, I'd go with the Brown Dog replacement mounts with the rubber bushings. Link here: CU2883-1 Jeep TJ & LJ 1" MML, Ultra-Flex Rubber

·
Registered
376 Posts
Check the bushings on your current mounts. If they're still good (and on an '05 they should be fine), the spacers work great. However, if the bushings are close to crapping out, I'd go with the Brown Dog replacement mounts with the rubber bushings. Link here: CU2883-1 Jeep TJ & LJ 1" MML, Ultra-Flex Rubber
:ditto:

I replaced the whole thing on my '98 with the Brown Dog's, but on an '05 I'd probably just get the risers. I went the polly route after talking with someone at BD. Give 'em a call and they can help you out with that decision depending on the type of wheeling you do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He doesn't do much wheeling at all. He wants to put a 1 inch body lift on to clear 35's. (He has a 4" Skyjacker lift on his jeep now) I was under the assumption that a mml was needed with the body lift but now I read that it is not necessary. You just have to move the fan shroud? Give me some opinions on this. I'm not sure as I don't have a mml or bl on my 97.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I went with Daystars polyurethane mounts and in hindhight if I were to do over I would install rubber. I can feel every bump and vibration from the engine. Definate differance.

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,554 Posts
RC BMML for $55.You don't need a MML to do a BL.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those of you who have done it (keeping in mind he doesn't have a SYE and has a 1 inch spacer on the transmission support) would you install a mml with the body lift or not? I don't have a problem relocating the fan shroud.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Those of you who have done it (keeping in mind he doesn't have a SYE and has a 1 inch spacer on the transmission support) would you install a mml with the body lift or not? I don't have a problem relocating the fan shroud.
Do it. If nothing else it's worth the $55 to get another 1" of clearance under the oilpan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
376 Posts
If he doesn't wheel, he might be able to clear 35's with just the 4" lift.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went with the MORE mounts, Their very well made and strong. I think if I had it to do over I would use the stock mounts with the spacers. Less Vibes. I notice slightly more vibes with the MORE mounts, But I think they'll outlast the stock ones.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After talking it over we are going to put the JKS 1.25" body lift on his jeep but leave the stock motor mounts in place (no mml). Thank all of you for your input. It helped to make our decision. Thanks JeepForum!!!!!!

·
Vendor
2,909 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brown Dog, thats funny you added that link. Your website is what convinced me to not add a mml. I realy like your products though!!!

·
Vendor
2,909 Posts
Brown Dog, thats funny you added that link. Your website is what convinced me to not add a mml. I realy like your products though!!!
Good decision. Move the fan shroud and you're done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts