Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a new Mopar radiator. It has the quick disconnects for the transmission lines. The problem is - my trans lines have threaded fittings. Is there any way to make this work? Or am I going to have to return this radiator?
RockAuto only lists the one with the disconnects….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps someone sells a barbed quick-disconnect fitting that I can put in the radiator, then just clamp the rubber transmission lines to that?

·
Mopar Nut
409 Posts
I googled "male QD to barb adapter" and turned a brazillion results. They exist. Your key is identifying what type of QD Mopar used. I could make a guess by your picture, but I'd bet I'd be wrong.... You could also check out Earl's - you could surely make your own adapter line with the proper fittings on each end for your application....

https://www.holley.com/brands/earls/

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, with this much uncertainly around exactly which QD’s Mopar used, I don’t want to mess around with a brand new radiator and lose the ability to exchange it.

So I’m just going to send it back and get one for a 2004 - which doesn’t use the QD’s.

Still have no idea why this 2006 doesn’t have QD’s, unless the PO changed them out, for some reason (the old radiator is a Mopar unit, with the serpentine routing diagram sticker, so I assumed it was original).

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,576 Posts
Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, with this much uncertainly around exactly which QD's Mopar used, I don't want to mess around with a brand new radiator and lose the ability to exchange it.

So I'm just going to send it back and get one for a 2004 - which doesn't use the QD's.

Still have no idea why this 2006 doesn't have QD's, unless the PO changed them out, for some reason (the old radiator is a Mopar unit, with the serpentine routing diagram sticker, so I assumed it was original).

Maybe the PO did it because the QD's confuse a lot of people and they break stuff.
p.s. My 99' had QD's. The replacement radiator had the same.

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,576 Posts
Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, with this much uncertainly around exactly which QD's Mopar used, I don't want to mess around with a brand new radiator and lose the ability to exchange it.

So I'm just going to send it back and get one for a 2004 - which doesn't use the QD's.

Still have no idea why this 2006 doesn't have QD's, unless the PO changed them out, for some reason (the old radiator is a Mopar unit, with the serpentine routing diagram sticker, so I assumed it was original).

I'd return it while you can too. My 99' had QD's. The replacement radiator had the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts