Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

"moderate" Fed chair gets his a55 kicked

1542 Views 13 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Pine_Cat
Recently, Fed chairman Powell served up some woke defenses of his mismanagement of the economy, but the lefties still want him out for not being even more woke :

https://www.newsweek.com/3-democrat...ell-if-biden-reappoints-him-fed-chair-1651354

When the government requires reduced productivity, this requires an adjustment to equilibrium, whereby companies reduce inflation-adjusted wages. Since they can't cut nominal wages, the recent inflation speeds the adjustment process. The inflation makes wage earners poorer by government action (instead of by direct wage cuts).

That's why the Fed has been supporting the recent inflation. They're trying to speed the economy's adjustment process to government-mandated inefficiencies and anticipated corporate tax increases.

One of the problems with this intentional inflation is that government always hurts the economy by over-doing it on inflation.

The Fed can't be honest about the above, because most people would be like, "WTF!" Instead, the Fed feeds us a line of woke trash about how they want an "inclusive" recovery. The only thing inclusive about inflation is that it's just as harmful to the people the Fed falsely claims they're trying to help with their inclusive recovery.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,533 Posts
This is all so blatantly obvious. This is pure destruction of the middle class. This is turning the working class into slaves. This is straight up theft by our government. The only thing left is for Democrats - the voting ones - to admit it. Everyone else knows what is going on. Communists.

Ah, yes, climate change is the reason the fed needs to regulate which industries banks can loan to. WTF?????

Not to mention the literal communist comptroller of the currency who believes that all banking should be controlled by the government.

Democrats are communists. THIS IS COMMUNISM.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Reactions: bobjp and 97Mule

· Registered
14,029 Posts
We can all sleep better knowing we now have a racist black lesbian as the new WH disinformation czar!!! (that means LIAR for those in RioLinda) We should be proud! Who cares about high cost of gas, food, building supplies, homes, and general everyday supplies for living and excessive taxation and destruction of the middle class! Global warming and white people are the REAL problem... according to the new racist black lesbian... I so feel better now!

Reactions: 97Mule

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like the deep state Fed accomplished their objective of delaying Brandon's stagflation recession until next year, so he'll try to share the blame with next year's rep majorities in Congress.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The chinese communist party is spying on the Fed, and Powell is lying about it. Over the past 18 months, this administration has learned that there's no penalty for lying to Congress and/or refusing to answer Congressional questions.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
14,029 Posts
Tucker nailed it... "feed him (biden) full of drugs and then tell him what to do!" ding, ding, ding!

· Registered
13,352 Posts
"words have no meaning in Washington"

Anyone else remember a novel 'ministry of truth' - reality vs the party line, rewriting history, and A new selective
vocabulary ie equity ?

I'm getting old seeing the big picture - am I alone it looks like A train wreck is coming.

I often wonder- do they think we are stupid or are we really this stupid.

reading these posts I have some hope that im not alone nor a paranoid old man.

· Registered
14,029 Posts
"words have no meaning in Washington"

Anyone else remember a novel 'ministry of truth' - reality vs the party line, rewriting history, and A new selective
vocabulary ie equity ?

I'm getting old seeing the big picture - am I alone it looks like A train wreck is coming.

I often wonder- do they think we are stupid or are we really this stupid.

reading these posts I have some hope that im not alone nor a paranoid old man.
Yes, they think we are stupid. But it is not 'we' who are really this stupid. I have YET to meet/talk to a liberal dem who does not think biden is doing a bad job or that there is anything wrong with him or the economy. So, apply the 'stupid' label where appropriate. The majority I know or have met definitely have TDS! Almost no logic or reasoning or showing the facts with them. Seems it used to be you could have a friendly debate and/or difference of opinion with a WWll era dem, but not now days. Mind boggling. But I am of the opinion the liberal influence in schools and university over the past 3-4 decades have a lot to do with it.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks like Brandon is symbolically allowing Arizona to build a container wall (irrelevant, since all States are now border States), to keep that senate seat.

It looks like abortion will allow the dems to keep the Pennsylvania senate seat. It looks like reps won't make it to 60 in 2024.

It looks like enough undecided voters are still fooled by the Russia hoax for the Mar-a-Lago raid to be impactful. It helped Trump, but is hurting other reps (which I'm sure was the purpose of the raid, to prevent reps from getting to 60 in 2024).

The deep-state Fed timed their inflation-fighting perfectly to accomplish their objectives. The second half of the double-dip recession caused by the inflation-fighting will happen after the mid-terms, so Brandon will try to share the blame with reps.

Reactions: RockWoRM

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a view that the glass is half full :

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Fed's policy statement this week mapped out their upcoming moves. They've already told us they're going to hike the fed funds rate 75 basis points in November (up to 3.75), and another 50 bips in December (up to 4.25). After that, it will be fine-tuning, of 25 bips maybe every six weeks. However, they currently anticipate only one such move, to 4.5%, in February.

So it took them a full year to raise the fed funds rate from 0% to 4.5%, and core CPI now exceeds 6% year over year.

Obviously, this was intentional misconduct. Powell waited until he was re-confirmed by the Senate to begin raising rates. Also, the delay means the double-dip recession occurs next year, to help Brandon blame republicans.

You can see that I mis-named the title of this thread. Powell is getting the last laugh, because he seriously f'd us up (and it doesn't affect him at all).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts