Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
Cool!
Sounds great as long as you have the room. More of us this time than last year. Sounds like just our group alone will be around 8-10 give or take. We'll see how many others on the forum decide to go as it gets closer.
There is plenty of room @ our Ken's lake campsites since they are all wide open and several yards apart. All ya need is a camp chair. I'm sure we'll have a camp fire going almost every night. We can figure something out.

Tim, is Sean bringing his CampChef grill thingy?? The biggest thing I've got is the weber baby Q. 😕 Although I do have an older Weber charcoal Kettle... I'll have to think on that one. Don't want to haul it all the way over there and not use it?
Yeah, I too was thinking bringing little in the way of food and just go shopping @ City Market as needed.
We've got all the sites on the outer edge of the first loop, so however many that is. His campchef lives in the camper as far as I know, but he was looking at a Black Stone. Either way he'll have something like that.

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was Sean or Dan that had the camp chef set up. Guess it was Dan.
Well, even if we don't/can't get a BBQ or taco fest or whatever going, there should be no problem having a Beer fest meet n' greet! 🍻🍺
😁

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
He has a campchef and will be bringing it, it only has a griddle on one side though. I just mean it "lives in the camper" as in if he has the camper he has the stove...

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
My oh my, you guys have graduated from the old burrito on the intake manifold haven't you?

Griddles, campers. . .
Don't have an indoor shower, have to use the pop up.... so you know, roughin' it. 🤣

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Well, boys and girls, this be the 2-month bump. Getting closer! 😎

So, if anyone is thinking about making this year's trip, long term or just a couple days, chime in. I know a couple years ago we had quite a group planning on making it. But then, of course covid... (n)

So, as it looks right now, those going for sure are...
Rockworm (LJR)
Timatoe (YJ)
Varnish (LJ)
Sean (CJ5 Norcal)
Doug (CJ3A Norcal) Along with Doug will be a brother or 2, a nephew or 2, and ?? Maybe 8 or more guys.
92 Vegas YJ (YJ I presume)
Nashville TJ (LJR)
ShaggyJim (YJ) probably only weekend of 23rd-24th
Jeepster 93 (YJ)
The Goob (YJ)

Those on the fence?
Randonexplosion
AZdEvilYJ

That's just off the top of my head. If I forgot anyone, apologies. Anyone else? Again, chime in!

🙂

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
And just for the hey of it... found this one for Bruin. Always looking for old YJ pics, eh. 🤗

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: bruinjeeper

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
I think I'll be done with my junk by then. Bump stops should arrive tomorrow and exhaust parts and pieces should be here Monday. Fab up some brackets for the bump cans, cobble some exhaust together, then I can pull everything out and paint the fresh stuff and get it all back together. Only other issue I may run into is possibly needing the driveshaft lengthened, it's gonna be close. Otherwise should have plenty of time, except I'm not even gonna be around for three of the next 8 weeks, I'd like to maybe run it somewhere to make sure I didn't screw this all up before getting to Moab.

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just buy Jim a plane ticket and bring him out... he's got it all down pat! Lol. Is Sean still doing his or did he even start the project. I installed a new drag TRE and steering dampener, so should be good to go. Still need new shoes... gotta get that going!
Since we havn't had much snow, you could prolly just run up to the Con for a test. Hehe.

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Does anyone from the east coast ever go? Curious if they make the drive or ship their rig and fly
Well, I consider Tennessee 'back east'. lol. Even tho it's not technically on the coast. I'm sure Nashville and Vegas are towing. I honestly don't recall how Fishadventure brought his rig out in the past??
Obviously, being closer is an advantage. But I think all of us going will agree, it is worth the trip. As one youtuber puts it "a trip to the promised land". Should be a bucket list for all wheelers!!!
As far as flying... Will (varnish) flies from Alaska, so yeah, anything is doable.
Another option, although not cheap, is make arrangements ahead of time and rent a Jeep Rubi. IIRC $300 a day is average. Even if only for a couple days it 'might' be cheaper than bringing out your own rig, and you can get in several good trials in a couple days.
Depending on the rig, there is always the option of simply driving out, which saves a ton on fuel/towing. My buddy Dave did Top of the world last year with no problem at all in his Raptor PU. I just watched a video of a stock Lexus LX (toyota landcruiser SUV) do the Trifecta! 😱 (poison spider, golden spike, gold bar) Amazing. There was a little damage to the bumpers, but that's about it. That's a freak'n 7 trail!
A good 4x4 with a little clearance can do a LOT of trials out there! Ya don't need an Ultra 4 buggy to have a great time! Lol

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Its definitely on my bucket list! And I couldnt go without bringing my own rig, just wouldnt feel right. I would always be saying, "if I had my jeep....". I feel like if 3 or 4 people grouped together and got a big rig to haul the jeeps out, it would probably be cheaper than renting. Especially after the damage report on the rental lol One of these days Ill make it happen

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
We had record snow up here Randy. Had nearly 3' at my house in December, no power for 11 days etc... we normally get 6-10" at a time.

We had a guy come from NYC one year and put his JK on a ship, shipped it to LA then drove it in. He lives in LA area now and is a logistics guy for a shipping company so he likely didn't pay full price..

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
We had record snow up here Randy. Had nearly 3' at my house in December, no power for 11 days etc... we normally get 6-10" at a time.

We had a guy come from NYC one year and put his JK on a ship, shipped it to LA then drove it in. He lives in LA area now and is a logistics guy for a shipping company so he likely didn't pay full price..
Yeah, we got some pretty good snow back in Dec. also, but nothing for the last 2 months and the snow line was getting higher and higher due all the melting. :( We've got some wheel'n spots down here in the 4000-5000' range and now no snow and could easily be wheeled. Need a wet March!

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Especially after the damage report on the rental lol
Funny, most of the rental companies have restrictions on what trails you can and cannot run. IIRC it is Cliffhanger that will allow some of the higher rated trails in their more modified Jeeps... and even then, there are limits. Plus I'm sure insurance is mandatory.
2 trips ago Will and I were doing Moab Rim and were passed by a group of guys, 3 or 4 rigs, that were renting from one of the other companies and doing that trail. I do not believe even Cliffhanger allows that trail. I guess all you can do is LOL. They were taking a big risk. That can be a VERY tricky trail. But it probably happens more than ya know.
I've 'thought' about renting a RzR. Seems like one of those could be fun on a trail like Fins or easy trail just for the speed factor. :)

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
We looked into renting a SxS last year and they told us they only did "guided" trips. We asked if any of the companies offered solo rentals and they gave us the name of one, can't remember which, but their pricing was double the rest (like $600 a day).

Bumps came today, so hopefully Monday I can make some good progress and that and the exhaust. The exhaust is going to be the hardest, man it's tight in there.

·
I miss the snow...
5,638 Posts
Well, boys and girls, this be the 2-month bump. Getting closer! 😎

So, if anyone is thinking about making this year's trip, long term or just a couple days, chime in. I know a couple years ago we had quite a group planning on making it. But then, of course covid... (n)

So, as it looks right now, those going for sure are...
Rockworm (LJR)
Timatoe (YJ)
Varnish (LJ)
Sean (CJ5 Norcal)
Doug (CJ3A Norcal) Along with Doug will be a brother or 2, a nephew or 2, and ?? Maybe 8 or more guys.
92 Vegas YJ (YJ I presume)
Nashville TJ (LJR)
ShaggyJim (YJ) probably only weekend of 23rd-24th
Dave (Ford Raptor) local friend

Those on the fence or just a day or 2?
Randonexplosion
AZdEvilYJ

That's just off the top of my head. If I forgot anyone, apologies. Anyone else? Again, chime in!

🙂
NashvilleTJ (LJR)...

Now that just hurts, Rock....

:)

41 - 60 of 170 Posts