Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,302 Posts
. Heck, he might even get some of that half a million I hear is being offered to 'out of towner's', so to speak. :wink2:
I'm almost there... should be another two or three months - just crossing into Guatemala from Honduras right now.

my tanned tone war paint is wearing thin and people keep giving me the crook-eye... can't tell if it's because i have a laptop with me, or because of my MAGA hat, or my Bitcoin T-shirt :dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
Yeah Sam and a few friends had their rigs trucked over, and the guys didnt strap them down well and weren't on time.

Ill see if I can meet up, Ashland is planning a Sand Hollow trip in March, so that may complicate things for me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: timatoe

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
We had a guy literally ship (as in on the water ship) his Jeep from NYC to LA and then drove it to Moab, but he is a logistics guy for a shipping company. :grin2:

....As of now, with just the group of us from NorCal and Alaska, looks to be 4-6 rigs...
I think as it sits now we're at 8 and a RZR.

Me, You, Will, Doug, Doug's brother Bill and a nephew, Sean, his cousin and Brother-in-law.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We had a guy literally ship (as in on the water ship) his Jeep from NYC to LA and then drove it to Moab, but he is a logistics guy for a shipping company. :grin2:

I think as it sits now we're at 8 and a RZR.

Me, You, Will, Doug, Doug's brother Bill and a nephew, Sean, his cousin and Brother-in-law.
Hmm? Maybe we need a giant NorCal sign or banner to put up at Ken's lake... we'll own the place! :grin2:

Me thinks we'll need extra firewood this time around. Lol. (and extra Irish) hehe

Reactions: timatoe

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
I'll load what wood I can, but the more the better. Always can use some extra Irish!

Hmm, wonder how much a banner would be?

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Maybe some mini flags for the CB antennas if a banner was too much $$ ?
JU did that way back when for their annual Moab trip. Hey, or some JeepForum flags... what say you mods/admin??? Get crack'n! :wink2:

I think as it sits now we're at 8 and a RZR
So, that could be 7 rigs and a RzR... Bill's rig always breaks on the 1st day. >:)

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
That's true too, I think he loads that Bronco on the trailer broken. :grin2:

I looked last night after posting that, we can get a 3x10 banner online for $40 plus shipping. Only thing is how or where would we mount it? I'm not strapping it to the side of my camper, the wind would beat the hell out of like that. Maybe we could drive a couple t-posts in the ground and strap to those??

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not so sure about using T posts? Those things are a biatch to get back out! I do have some 2"x6' tree stakes and a T post driver. But if the winds does what it sometimes does, it would likely end up in Kens lake! :grin2:
Maybe just some smaller flag size banners that could go on a single pole?? :dunno:

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well, folks. We're now into 2022! So this is a new years bump! Time to start seriously planning. Only 4 months to go! 😎

(and no freak'n bump emoji! grrrr. I want the old ones back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reactions: bruinjeeper

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If you guys are making those birria tacos again, I’m gonna have to find a way to get there
Lol. What's a birria taco?

Hey look, it came up on google... learn something new every day! :ROFLMAO:
Birria Tacos Recipe | Ree Drummond | Food Network

Not too sure that is what we had, IIRC they were just regular tacos, but I'm sure we'll try to have at least one meet'n'greet pot luck or something get together. (y)

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
If you guys are making those birria tacos again, I’m gonna have to find a way to get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those guys aren't coming out this year, but those were delicious.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Those guys aren't coming out this year, but those were delicious.
Sean likes to cook, doesn't he? Or maybe Doug? Hehe! I know I suk! 🤣

·
Registered
18,364 Posts
Sean likes to cook, doesn't he? Or maybe Doug? Hehe! I know I suk! 🤣
I don't even think I'm buying groceries this year. I'm just gonna give Sagan my money and let her do all the shopping since I eat at their camp 99% of the time anyhow.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm definitely looking forward to this trip. Again I will be with Jeff (NashvilleTJ) but I'm sure we can meet up and hit some trails together. Or maybe do a BBQ at the Air BnB we have?
Cool!
Sounds great as long as you have the room. More of us this time than last year. Sounds like just our group alone will be around 8-10 give or take. We'll see how many others on the forum decide to go as it gets closer.
There is plenty of room @ our Ken's lake campsites since they are all wide open and several yards apart. All ya need is a camp chair. I'm sure we'll have a camp fire going almost every night. We can figure something out.

Tim, is Sean bringing his CampChef grill thingy?? The biggest thing I've got is the weber baby Q. 😕 Although I do have an older Weber charcoal Kettle... I'll have to think on that one. Don't want to haul it all the way over there and not use it?
Yeah, I too was thinking bringing little in the way of food and just go shopping @ City Market as needed.

21 - 40 of 170 Posts