Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm coming from the TJ side of the house. I want something bigger and nicer for taking trips in with my wife (keeping the TJ though). I really like the looks of the new four-door JLs.

I'm considering ordering a new four door Willys with the 2.0, Recon package, etc. I can (and have!) build it on-line and see what the price comes out to. If I'm going to spend $50,000, I want to get exactly what I want.

My question(s) to folks who have ordered one built, is how much lower than the on-line price are dealers willing to go? Would like to hear your experiences (good and bad) regarding your ordering experiences. Did they try to slip in any extra fees? Any helpful hints? What's the average wait time for delivery?

Last time I ordered a vehicle to be built was in 1981 (2WD Ford F-100 step side with the 300-six & a stick shift).

Thanks.

I've already got one Willys:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
5,843 Posts
Right about now, most dealers are not offering up deals. Some might have Chrysler incentives but those would have to be available when the Jeep is delivered. If there are good online prices listed, it's usually on something that's been sitting on the lot AND usually is including ALL incentives currently available and that price is only good IF you qualify for all of those incentives.

Dealers are supposed to honor the Chrysler affiliate program and that's a guaranteed discount.

So if you join Tread Lightly at the $100 level (unless you work for someone who is on the Chrysler supplier list), you can get affiliate pricing. You will need to wait 30 days to be eligible for the Affiliate certificate but that gets you 1% under invoice, there is a $75 fee but that's it and no dealer BS crap added on. Most orders, the dealer won't require anything except a minimal deposit, the invoice doesn't get paid until the vehicle arrives and at that time, hit them with the certificate. If there are any local or National incentive cash, that still is available to you when you use a certificate.

Just to be safe, I would call any prospective dealer and make sure they will honor the certificate. Just ask if they will and if so, you are good.

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
If you look at JL Forums they have a list of dealers that do deep discounts. Gupton is usually around 7% below invoice.

‘’Everything I read says the XR package has very little up travel due to really long bump stops. People are bottoming out on speed bumps. That’s pretty pathetic. It’s kind of sad to pay for the XR package and still have to lift it. I think they were saying only one inch of up travel but I might be wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look at JL Forums they have a list of dealers that do deep discounts. Gupton is usually around 7% below invoice.

‘’Everything I read says the XR package has very little up travel due to really long bump stops. People are bottoming out on speed bumps. That’s pretty pathetic. It’s kind of sad to pay for the XR package and still have to lift it. I think they were saying only one inch of up travel but I might be wrong.
I will do that if I end up ordering one. Thanks!

When I go to a lot to test drive one, I'll bring a tape measure to see if that 1" thing is correct.

·
Vendor
45 Posts
I'm coming from the TJ side of the house. I want something bigger and nicer for taking trips in with my wife (keeping the TJ though). I really like the looks of the new four-door JLs.

I'm considering ordering a new four door Willys with the 2.0, Recon package, etc. I can (and have!) build it on-line and see what the price comes out to. If I'm going to spend $50,000, I want to get exactly what I want.

My question(s) to folks who have ordered one built, is how much lower than the on-line price are dealers willing to go? Would like to hear your experiences (good and bad) regarding your ordering experiences. Did they try to slip in any extra fees? Any helpful hints? What's the average wait time for delivery?

Last time I ordered a vehicle to be built was in 1981 (2WD Ford F-100 step side with the 300-six & a stick shift).

Thanks.

I've already got one Willys:

View attachment 4160012
we do 4% under invoice located in SWFL

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we do 4% under invoice located in SWFL
Hmmm.... My family is down in FL around Daytona (I'm in SW WA). One possible scenario is I order one from you to be factory built and delivered to your dealership, I fly down when it arrives, visit family for a few days, then drive back to WA while getting acquainted with my new Jeep (I always enjoy a good road trip).

Thanks!

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Hmmm.... My family is down in FL around Daytona (I'm in SW WA). One possible scenario is I order one from you to be factory built and delivered to your dealership, I fly down when it arrives, visit family for a few days, then drive back to WA while getting acquainted with my new Jeep (I always enjoy a good road trip).

Thanks!
contact Dayton at 704-681-4092 . if you go with shipping thats your freedom to find the lowest quote out there. Thats one hell of a roadtrip though!! I did Charlotte to fort myers FL in a camaro. was a blast. But yea if you flew down no issue picking you up etc.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once this house sale goes through, I'll know if I'm able to get me a new Jeep or not. So it'll be another month or so in case folks are wondering what the hold-up is for me getting a new Jeep.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered a 4 door willys sport back in May. I went really basic, standard 6 cylinder, manual trans and the tow and electrical pkg. I built it online and went in to the dealer with that price. I was surprised when the salesman gave me the same price. I asked him if that price would change, he said no. It took two months , almost to the day for it to come in. Within that time Jeep raised the price $450, they still honored the price back in May .I told him that UPS has an employee discount, he flat out said no..lol I didn't really care, I was happy to pay sticker after hearing stories of other people paying $1000s over sticker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts