Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet mercy from the jeeping deity my prayers have been answered! I just ran a check on MM's sight and found out they are making complete Dana 300 replacements in 4 to 1. I was looking hard at these but didn't want to try and piece one together but now it looks like they did it for me. What ya think Bruin want to see if they will do a group buy with the two of us?:grin2:
On an excited side note does anyone know how to do one of them fancy go fund my needlessly impulsive, budget devouring, functional part replacing, compulsive and addictive jeep upgrade money gathering thingies?:grin2:

https://midnightmetalworks.com/products/complete-rock-box

Attachments

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,347 Posts
What ya think Bruin want to see if they will do a group buy with the two of us?:grin2:
On an excited side note does anyone know how to do one of them fancy go fund my needlessly impulsive, budget devouring, functional part replacing, compulsive and addictive jeep upgrade money gathering thingies?:grin2:

https://midnightmetalworks.com/products/complete-rock-box
i think i may have started one of those fund me things back in April... does MMW accept Bitcoin? lol

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Sweet mercy from the jeeping deity my prayers have been answered! I just ran a check on MM's sight and found out they are making complete Dana 300 replacements in 4 to 1. I was looking hard at these but didn't want to try and piece one together but now it looks like they did it for me. What ya think Bruin want to see if they will do a group buy with the two of us?:grin2:
If you figure this go fund me thing out, and more importantly how to get people to donate, please share the info.

Quick question. Is the 300 one of the t-cases that is capable of running the front only? IIRC it is.

Last. You are a good influence in my eyes, my wife may think otherwise. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Now this looks promising!!! I really do want a 4:1 t-case.
I had my heart dead set on one for my 94. I really wanted to keep this Jeep a manual because the other (87) is an Automagic. I felt that a 4:1 T-case would make it more manageable offroad with the manual. Then along came the actual score of the elusive Waggy front D44 and that had to be immediately followed by a Passport rear D44 from a 96 or 97 only. They are the only two years that the width is really correct. Yes. I am OCD.

So now.. the Atlas, D300, whatever is back on the back burner but always looking.... Always looking is how I found the Waggy D44.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you figure this go fund me thing out, and more importantly how to get people to donate, please share the info.

Quick question. Is the 300 one of the t-cases that is capable of running the front only? IIRC it is.

Last. You are a good influence in my eyes, my wife may think otherwise. :wink2:
Ya the Dana can be twin sticked and used for front digs if I remember correctly. The MM box is sweet I think because its so much lighter than an Atlas and is ambidextrous so if you ever want to swap front axles you don't need to get a new TC if your diff is on the other side.
My wife thinks otherwise as well....>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
18,410 Posts
Wonder how much lighter it is? The atlas is significantly heavier than a 231, nearly double if I remember correctly. That's nice, pricey too, but not too much more than the atlas.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
that is quite the master piece. But at $3500, I might have to sell off a couple jeeps to afford one. Someday.....
Yeah it’s spendy but I feel like it would definitely be worth the cost. An Atlas t-case is 3k or close to it after you get adapters. I will see how much I owe in taxes then decide what I am doing. But part of me feels like I will be buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just watched the above vid at a different source and this T/C is the bomb. With the clockable left or right, it fits anything and is ready to swap over if you upgrade to another axle. Lighter, stronger and smaller, all great attributes. With what I do, I dont need one but it still doesnt stop the drooling.

·
Registered
11,702 Posts
Wow, just watched this... not sure how I missed it? Anywho, that thing looks awesome! Pricey, yeah, but I guess ya get what ya pay for! Love that it's 100% USA made!
So, Jim, did you get one yet???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts