Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Price $159
Pros Options! installation was easy
Cons No provision for mounting stock driving lights.
Recommended yes

Comments: Instalation was a breeze, it really did just bolt on. Metalcloak"s instructions are fantastic! Lots of pictures and the descriptions are very detailed. Did I mention that the bumper has options? lol Finish of the base,endcaps winch guard are fantastic and the welds are beautiful! I purchased the aluminum base, winch guard with anchor points, aluminum fixed fairlead, licence plate bracket, sway bar kit, and 52" slider end caps. Base price was $159 and the total for all the options I chose was $519

·
Registered
147 Posts
Price $850
Pros Extremely Strong, Well Built, Modular, nice finish
Cons Installation instructions were a little hard to follow and we recommended some clarifications to MetalCloak.
Recommended yes

Comments: Ordered the MetalCloak Frame - Built Bumper with recessed winch, 60 Inch End Caps with Lights and Bull Bar. MC was swamped with orders, but still moved it ahead so that I'd have it in time for an upcomming trip. They were great to work with and communication was great.

With the frame built design, you attach it in layers which creates a very strong and very thick front layer to the bumper. Also, under the bumper face, it slopes down toward the front diff which creates a bit of an air dam effect. The benefit of this, is that I have not yet experienced any of the hood flutter which many on this forum have reported after installing after market bumpers.

I'm impressed with this bumper and its quality.

·
Banned
2,356 Posts
Price $300
Pros Rugged! Can cut a man's legs in half at speed!
Cons Can't fit a sexy BBW and my winch on it at the same time!
Recommended yes

Comments: Well built no frills, no bull**** product. Very reasonable price. Great customer service!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Price $250
Pros thick metal and a good product
Cons takes time to drill the holes so they line up and if you have a winch it goes on before the bumper is installed and this could make the installation awkward
Recommended yes

Comments: i got the bumper and put it on. took some time do grill the holes and make sure everything was lined up. metalcloak uses thick metal with their powder coat and this bumper not only looks good but feels solid on the frame. the build in winch mount and all the add-ons that you can get there is a custom bumper that you can design. they have great customer service and i would not hesitate to buy this again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $700
Pros Very good looking. Very great design. Very good looking.
Cons very difficult to put on. Lots of cutting required. Very expensive.
Recommended yes

Comments: This was the first mod that I did myself(aside from wheel spacers which don't count) and it took a very late night and most of the next day. Lots of stuff to move around and very difficult to get pieces to fit together. It does look amazing and is extremely strong. I can wiggle the whole car by tugging and pulling on the bumper. It is on their very tight! The customer service is amazing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Price $800
Pros Solid, functional, good looking,....like me!
Cons Everything is expensive in Canada, but this product is worth the price.
Recommended yes

Comments: Visit their website, many options, well built, solid, sweet looking

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price $400
Pros Custom built.
Original.
Cons Didn't line up at first
Recommended yes

Comments: The look of them is great. You can build it how you like and how you want it. Plus you can slowly build it up and don't have to pay so much at once.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Price $354.45
Pros Light, strong, good approach angle, narrow.
Cons None.
Recommended yes

Comments: Great product. Will add on a few accessories as the build progresses.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Price $159
Pros sweet powder coat
hugely cusomizable
very well built
Cons Harder than I thought to install
Recommended yes

Comments: I got this when they did the special with stubby endcaps and powdercoat. they are the best packagers I have ever dealt with. everything has about 5 layers of bubble rap on it. Since its all one piece it was rolled a little to much and I had to open it up a little to get it on the frame scrapping off a little powdercoat where it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $400
Rating 5
Pros Super strong, brings all hardware, great Powder coat, great price.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Have had this bumper for a few months now... Got the 52" hi-crawler end caps, aluminum bumper base (surprisingly light and still super strong), and hi-mount shackles. Everything arrived extremely well packaged and on-time. :thumbsup: Instructions were pretty good, and assembly went smooth (took about 2 hours with two people). All necessary hardware was included, and fit great. Looks great and performs very well offroad, hit a few rocks/roots with no visible damage. I have plans to mount a warn m8000 winch and will be ordering the roller fairlead bracket and steering box skid from Metalcloak in the future.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.