Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 831 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have shots of there jeep YJ or TJ before metal cloak fenders and after metal cloak fenders to show the increase in clearance?

I have a YJ with 4" lift and 33's and would like to know what I can fit after installing metal cloak fenders.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Here is the evolution of our 2005 Rubicon.

Now it has the Rev111/Metal Cloak front fenders with Gen-Right rear hi line fenders, sliders, corner guards.

RallyeX

Dec 2007,

March 2008

March 2009

May 2009

May 2009

May 2009

June 2009

June 2009

July 2009

March 2010

·
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr
2,089 Posts
Not the same angle in these pics, but this is my TJ with Warrior Products in the first pic and Metalcloaks in the 2nd.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Window Vehicle

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
July 2009

March 2010

i see you got some front end procetion after the wreck! and i just have to say that is the sickest TJ i have ever seen!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Not the best angle for showing clearance, but it gets the point across.

On the right is my buddy Jon's Rubi with 2.5 OME coils and stock fenders and 35x12.5r15 MTZs. On the left is my Rubi with 2.5 OME coils and Metalcloaks awesome overline fenders, riding on 35x12.5 KM2s.

The clearance gains are HUGE over stock.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Before and after. That's 33's with 2" OME lift springs, and a 1" BL, then finally at stock ride height.

I borrowed a 35" tire on a wheel for mock up purposes, and if you ask me a set of 35's at stock ride height with a 1" BL should look just right. I am doing an ever so controversial Super 35 kit, and some front shaft work, then moving to 35" tires at stock height - It looked like plenty of room to me.

Attachments

·
[I'm That Good]
2,181 Posts

31's vs the 33's in the second picture, but you get the idea. I've got about 3.5" of lift with springs and shackles and running 33's.

As far as what tires you can run... MC has stock TJ's with no lift running 35's with their fenders. I've pretty much got clearance to run 37's if I wanted, but wouldn't have too much up travel until I'd be rubbing in the rear. The fronts would easily clear.

I'm going to up to 35's once my 33's wear out. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
hustler905:

I have not been a fan of these flares, but they do look good with your black on black set up.

·
Recon death squad
6,426 Posts
4.5" and 33"s

3.5" and 33"s

3.5" and 35"s

3.5" and 35"s with Metalcloaks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Here's a few shots of clearance after some hefty flexing if you're interested. This is with a 2.5" RC lift and 33x12.5 BF AT KOs.

The muddy shot is with tire deflated to something like 15 psi and the urban shot is prolly with normal tire psi of about 26ish.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Before:

After w/35's and no lift:

After w/stock wheels and tires:

Reactions: Texcana
1 - 20 of 831 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.