Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just discovered today that the dealer that fixed my fuel filler neck and ESS issues somehow knocked out my memory seats. I know they were working fine when I dropped it off. How the heck could they have taken out my seat memory function? I know they load tested both batteries, and they did a PCM reprogram for an open recall.

The first thing I noticed when I picked it up is that the seat no longer went back to the easy exit position when I turned the ignition off. I checked the settings but no deal, would not do easy exit. I didn't think that much about it until today when it occurred to me to see what else is not working and that's when I tried the memory function and it no longer works.

I'll be contacting them for a remedy tomorrow, but wondering if anyone had any ideas or has had a similar issue. Having functioning seat memory is very important to me since I share the vehicle with my wife.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the fix! With the vehicle started, move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. Do this twice. It causes the vehicle to relearn the seat limits and then my seat memory started working again.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
When the dealer fixed my ESS (Auto SS) issues by replacing both batteries (under warranty) I found several new issues (backup camera not working, AC settings changed, etc). Dealer advised these were caused by the batteries being disconnected and all settings would return after automatically reloading the software overnight and he was correct, everything worked the next day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the dealer fixed my ESS (Auto SS) issues by replacing both batteries (under warranty) I found several new issues (backup camera not working, AC settings changed, etc). Dealer advised these were caused by the batteries being disconnected and all settings would return after automatically reloading the software overnight and he was correct, everything worked the next day.
In my case, only the seat memory and easy exit feature were not working. All other systems were fine. All this technology these days, sometimes I wonder if it is more trouble than it is worth.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, now I have another issue, while the "1" & "2" buttons will recall a setting, it seems the "s" set button in the middle isn't working. I can't save a new seat position. Anyone have ideas on this? Is it common for this switch to fail?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, now I have another issue, while the "1" & "2" buttons will recall a setting, it seems the "s" set button in the middle isn't working. I can't save a new seat position. Anyone have ideas on this? Is it common for this switch to fail?
Just for the record in case someone else has this problem, I disabled the memory link to my key fob, and now I can save my seat memory settings again.

Reactions: ColdCase
1 - 6 of 6 Posts