Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mechanic Recomendation - metro Atlanta

1818 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  HappyTrails
I'm in over my head when it comes to the electronic ignitions and wiring. The dealer has also bailed on fixing it other than telling me I need a new wiring harness. They are code readers and part swappers which hasn't fixed my P0344 code issues. A new OPDA plus several new OEM CPAs by the dealer

I've spent hours going through the wiring of my '05LJ trying to find a break, short or bad connection. I've decided that I do need some help from a professional who is good with the electronics/electrical system.

If you know a good mechanic in metro Atlanta or suburbs please send me a PM.
Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,066 Posts
well its also posible the crank sensor is throwing this code... i have had it happen, otherwise you can trace wiring make sure sensor plug is clean and tightly connected and double check the ground on it(not sure of colour atm) (if equipped with both sensors..

also you can clear the code start it up and move wiring around to see if it triggers it faster or not.. but just a thought and watch yo fingers...

also low battery power can trigger this code.. have you load tested battery? under load does it hold voltage?

so many issues can cause this that ive run accross on many vehicles.. up to and including vacuum leaks...

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Today I unwrapped all the wires from the CPA sensor back as far back as I could, there is a bundle of ground wires on the side of the block, took that loose, cleaned and reattached everything and re-wrapped the wires. Also replaced a negative battery cable while i was in there as it had some corrosion. Got under the jeep and checked all the wiring I could get to - everything seemed fine. I did take a look a the Crank Sensor and probably moved the wires around some. I had the dealer install a new 42RLE transmission about 8000 miles ago and I'm a bit suspicious that I could have a pinched wire from that trans replacement.

Today I cleared the code and put about 12 miles on it and the code hasn't returned - I'm surprised.

Thanks for the tips about the low battery, I'll get that checked as well. I'm not convinced I've fixed anything - I guess time will tell. This has been pretty frustrating to me. I don't mind working on my jeep, I just want to know "WHAT" to work on. Sometimes I think Jeeps are like women and they just want you to spend time and money on them to keep them happy. Deer season is coming soon and I need to get it working reliably.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
electrical gremlins sometimes are hard to find, hell it could be a corroded wire or pin on ECM/PCM (computer) could be a squirrel ate some wire(dont ask) lol

i got a Sunfire(parents) that keeps throwing Emission codes(leak) but i literally replaced EVERYTHING to do with evap system including the canister all steel lines, all seals, relays, sensors etc.. and gas cap to no luck.. so i got pissed and just pulled the bulb hahaa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.