Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mean Green Mean Green Starter

9072 3
Product Information
Average Price $270.25
Manufacturer Mean Green
Recommended Yes: 2 / No: 2

AMAZING! Well worth the money, you could drive home just from the power this little beast makes!!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Price $299.99
Pros Direct Fit, Shorter key turn time for start.
Cons none at this time
Recommended yes

Comments: Another direct Fit Product from Mean Green, shortens the time for key turn and sounds like a race engine starting.
It even looks smaller down there.

· Registered
25 Posts
Price $280
Pros None
Cons Broke after 14 days
Recommended no

Comments: The planet gears inside the unit fell apart and locked up after 14 days in service. Sent back to MG per their warranty procedure. I then waited and waited and waited.............and waited. I called to ask when I could expect the unit back numerous times over the course of two months. I always got connected to someone who was unable to help since the person in charge of warranties was never there. I left repeated messages and emails but never received any response. I finally was in contact with someone in charge and they promised to send a replacement out that day. A week later I received a refurbished unit that was in rough looking condition. I was not happy but I was tired of dealing with MG. I will not put the refurbished unit on my TJ. An "el cheapo" Advanced Auto starter has been on the TJ for 6 months with no issues. If I buy another performance starter or alternator, it will be a Powermaster. Mean Green = bad product and piss-poor customer service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.