Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i rented a jeep while i was in maui and it seems as though almost all the offroad spots had been blocked off.:( still had a great time though, a jeep has to be the single best thing to own in maui i cant wait to move there

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
i rented a jeep while i was in maui and it seems as though almost all the offroad spots had been blocked off.:( still had a great time though, a jeep has to be the single best thing to own in maui i cant wait to move there
HAWAII SUCKS!!!! In my experience and that of my circle of friends, this place loses it's charm real quick! Take this into consideration before you make your move, I might suggest the Big Island or Kauai if you are hell-bent on moving here- Oahu and Maui suck on my balls.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just curious, i was born and raised on oahu, til 95 then i moved to the east coast. besides being harassed for being a haole, expensive everything, and island fever, what else do you dislike about hawaii?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Racism on the islands are terrible. Haole is such a funny word though, I even have a shirt that says "Haole" on the back. Haha. But seriously the natives beat the crap outta white poeple for bein white. Look at the newspapers. ;) Also its hella expensive.

·
Registered
781 Posts
What do you guys expect? The white man basically took their islands from them and forced them to work in hotels.

That aside I had a great time in Maui. One of my best friends is a native and showed me the ropes. You'd be absolutely shocked at how rude and arrogant tourists are there. I quickly learned the difference between "haole" and "****ing haole" :club:

I would seriously move to Maui or Big Island if I were to. Oahu is too crowded and the natives bear a much more serious grudge there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
What do you guys expect? The white man basically took their islands from them and forced them to work in hotels.

That aside I had a great time in Maui. One of my best friends is a native and showed me the ropes. You'd be absolutely shocked at how rude and arrogant tourists are there. I quickly learned the difference between "haole" and "****ing haole" :club:

I would seriously move to Maui or Big Island if I were to. Oahu is too crowded and the natives bear a much more serious grudge there.
It's pretty funny how any racism against "the white man" is always justified by some twit excuse. Last I read, businessmen overthrew the queen not the military. No one is forcing anyone to work in a hotel, they should be thankful the businesses are there to provide some type of employment. Hawaiian history is full of one violent take over after another way before the evil white man showed up. I wonder how they feel about the Japanese and Philipinos since they are the highest percentage of the population?

·
Registered
2 Posts
GrizzlyBear67 said:
It's pretty funny how any racism against "the white man" is always justified by some twit excuse. Last I read, businessmen overthrew the queen not the military. No one is forcing anyone to work in a hotel, they should be thankful the businesses are there to provide some type of employment. Hawaiian history is full of one violent take over after another way before the evil white man showed up. I wonder how they feel about the Japanese and Philipinos since they are the highest percentage of the population?
Philipinos should be spelled "Filipino".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.