Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Master to Slave Cylinder hose.

446 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  lewisyj
Hello fellow YJ AX15ers with the trusty internal slave :|

I've been poking around and have found a lot of threads on my slave and master cylinder and all the problems that I am having. I have not found an answer to this yet.

I replaced my Master and Slave on the internal AX15. I did not however, replace the hose that connects the 2 parts. I am having the common issue of losing my clutch hydraulic pressure about 3 days after I bleed the system. My guess is that the slave I put in is bad. That seems to be the common theme on the forums. When I bleed my system I get dirty brown and chunky fluid coming out. Is it possible that the hose I have is failing me and allowing air into my system while simultaneously falling apart on the inside? It's 100 dollars for a new stainless steel hose from advanced adapters. They also have the conversion kit to the external slave and it's around 5.5X the amount. I am waiting until July to do that. In the meantime, should I switch out that part? Anybody ever switched that part and

had success with the system? Should I just keep bleeding the system every 3 days until July, it's easy enough.

Thanks in advance!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19,066 Posts
The stock rubber line will break down eventually and swell when applying the clutch. If you're getting dirt fluid when bleeding after only a few days, I'd bet that's exactly what's happening.

Here's a good solution from Advanced Adapters. You can piece together the same thing for half the price if you're feeling thrifty.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! That is the one I am looking at and thank you for confirming what I thought I should do. I did not know that it would swell but it does make sense and finally I think this will bring some closure to my system problems. If not then will have to keep doing what i'm doing until I can put in a external slave mod.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, I can only find the Advanced adapters line and on the website it's 75 with 15 dollar shipping or 99 on quadra with free shipping. It's a little pricey but if it lasts 10 years, that 10 dollars a year. Still a good deal. I appreciate the reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.