Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
decided to start a thread about my zj, so i can keep track of my own work lol

i've been having this rig since september 2009,
257050km on the clock today.

mods at this point are:
98 ZG 318 limited: np 231 swap, trussed dana 30 hp swap, aussie locker in the back, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, grille and exhaust tip, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, high profile spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, brass cap and rotor, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, back up lights attached to the recall bar, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2", rubicon express +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.

what i did in the last few days:
-fron and rear diff oil change,
-np 231 (i was running a 242)
-tied up the front track bar beacause a nut was coming loose and causing some minor death wobble

i now need to take care of the fron pinion seal beacause it's leaking again...
i also need to fix some electrical issues, like the rear wiper not working and so on.

i also have a 360 to put in (in the pics below you'll se a deep slate niner which is for parts due to some burocratic issue)

a link to my YT channel , if you want to check out a few cool vids:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6TtHsgUpcylmfI9r6pyCyw?view_as=subscriber

a few pics down here:

tell me what you think and keep in mind that any input or advice is well accepted,
and sorry about my english ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,558 Posts
I'm running NGK BKR6E plugs on my niner. Seem to work way better than the OEM spec. Champion copper plugs. Can't remember how I gapped them, need to check.

·
Hears the voices
16,785 Posts
Yeah, the NGK BKR6E is what Ryan recommends, I've got them in my 5.9.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i honestly don't know guys, never had pinging issues with this tune and spark plugs set up.
maybe the gas is different in italy?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey guys,
decided to start a thread about my zj, so i can keep track of my own work lol

i've been having this rig since september 2009,
257050km on the clock today.

mods at this point are:
98 ZG 318 limited: np 231 swap, trussed dana 30 hp swap, aussie locker in the back, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, grille and exhaust tip, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, high profile spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, brass cap and rotor, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, back up lights attached to the recall bar, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2", rubicon express +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.

what i did in the last few days:
-fron and rear diff oil change,
-np 231 (i was running a 242)
-tied up the front track bar beacause a nut was coming loose and causing some minor death wobble

i now need to take care of the fron pinion seal beacause it's leaking again...
i also need to fix some electrical issues, like the rear wiper not working and so on.

i also have a 360 to put in (in the pics below you'll se a deep slate niner which is for parts due to some burocratic issue)

a link to my YT channel , if you want to check out a few cool vids:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6TtHsgUpcylmfI9r6pyCyw?view_as=subscriber

a few pics down here:

tell me what you think and keep in mind that any input or advice is well accepted,
and sorry about my english ;)
nice job on your ZJ.
Is your starter girl tearing the American flag in half???
That will upset many people here.

·
Premium Member
11,558 Posts
Is your starter girl tearing the American flag in half???
That will upset many people here.
I'm pretty sure she has separate flags on both hands, flags are just twisted around.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
little more progress,
had to polish the hood due to super funny joke, a friend of mine decided it would have been fun to glue a chess piece in the middle of my hood...so i had to buy a specific product to remove the glue, and took the chance to bring the car to a friend of mine and let him polish all the hood.
pics:

Attachments

·
Hears the voices
16,785 Posts
Cleaned up really nice!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hopefully he did the whole ZJ. Very nice shine.
A buffer and some knowledge goes a long way. I always fear cutting into the paint.
Stay away from edges and even the edge of the buffer wheel edge. And you SHOULD be fine.
My hood the clear is starting to flake off.
But that's a common problem with jeeps or should I say Chrysler of that era.
My 89 dodge van 's hood is the same.
Love that wet look.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys,
no we only did the hood, we already completed the whole car just a few months ago. there still are a few dents and deep scratches, i'll try to do what i can on those

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys,
going a little bit out thread here,
just bought a black 97 firebird 3.8 y87 manual tranny !

gonna be my DD, i hope to have more modding options for the Z now...like that 360!
couple of pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey guys
i had some issues with a front dna 30 hp pinion seal leaking, just put in another seal:
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/dana-30-hp-pinion-seal-still-leaking-4343921/

also, had a blown realis which didn't allow my low beam to switch on...it fixed it, but i'll need a new one to be sure.

and i had to tighten the frame side bolt of the front track bar...not sure why that thing keeps on coming loose by itself. i have a procomp adjustable track bar.
i will put a second lock nut on top of the first one.

i still can't figure out why my rear wiper and hatch glass aren't working though :(

almost 258000 km on it

1 - 20 of 236 Posts