Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Maine?

25715 Views 89 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  pearcew1
Where are the people from Maine? is there even a club here? Anyone?
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
I was out around bucksport area the over to frankfort then over to monroe area.....did some jeepin this past Sunday. My friend and I are going out hopefully next weekend to check out Glenburn and Charleston.

Hey tyler711 how dusty was it? Last time I was by the snackbar month ago wast bad but man its been dry

· Registered
197 Posts
I was out around bucksport area the over to frankfort then over to monroe area.....did some jeepin this past Sunday. My friend and I are going out hopefully next weekend to check out Glenburn and Charleston.

Hey tyler711 how dusty was it? Last time I was by the snackbar month ago wast bad but man its been dry
It was pretty dusty. i think once it gets above a certain point (ie goggles are mandatory) you can't really tell anymore, and it was above that point ;).

· www.midcoastjeep.com
5,400 Posts
Checking in from Kennebec County :) The only club I know of is Midcoast Jeep/ORV. They are having a thing at Allwheels in Lewiston on Saturday (June 28) and possibly Sunday... Not sure, Mecompco would know far better than I...
Oops--missed this post. Yes, we (www.midcoastjeep.com and www.maine4x4.com) had a "Wheelin' 101" tech session at All Wheels with wheelin' afterwards. Minor carnage ensued, caused mostly by "Cadillac Hole".

The club (Mid Coast Jeep 'n' ORV) is headed up to Rangeley this weekend for a wheelin'/camping trip. We're meeting at the Rangeley IGA around 6:00 PM today (Friday the 4th). Those that want will be camping tonight and Saturday night--heading home Sunday afternoon. Everyone welcome!

www.midcoastjeep.com

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Hey there from the booming metropolis known as Wilton. I'm all over from Wilton to Belgrade to Westbrook. Good to see others on here.
Cool! A Franklin County Jeeper! I live in Jay, tho my Jeep is stock because I just bought it. Have you ever been down to Livermore on the Strickland Ferry Road? Its basically flat but is still pretty fun, I think its an old logging road, because there are a couple logging trails off it. Other than that, I don't know of many good places, tho I have been wanting to go over to spruce mt and climb the ski hill haha.

· Registered
6 Posts
well, just got the jeep back from having the transmission redone. got it back, 2 days ago i think. hadnt had time to go anywhere. this morning i dropped my girlfriend off at work and figured, what the hell, and went for my uncles old woods road. half way through i start hearing some loud clanking noise and i couldnt think of what it was, so i got out and walked around and it looked fine. started going again and kept hearing it, so i parked it on a rock with the front driver side tire raised up and walked around again. found the culprit..a broken swaybar linkarm on the passenger side. :brickwall my mechanic loves showin' me these bills latley. :rtft:

· Registered
2,118 Posts
That sucks!

· Registered
891 Posts
From Hampden right here, just bought my TJ the other day.

· Registered
24 Posts
Thought I'd pop in and say "hi". Just got a TJ, joined up here...work in Boston but Friday to Sunday I live in Portland (gotta be where the baby boy is!). I'm a total noob to the Jeep world, hope to come up to speed quickly. :thumbsup:

· Registered
396 Posts
I'm in the Portland/Auburn Area frequently. If anyone is ever going out for a trip shoot me a PM. I'm still a noobie to off roading and would love some company. I've gone off on my own a bit this summer but you can only attempt so much with no which or any buddies with you. I checked out All Wheels in Lewiston about 2 weeks ago, that was a great time.

Cheers,

Josh

· Registered
3,707 Posts
www.maine4x4.org is a great local club. I just went on my first real ride yesterday and it was incredible. The goal of the club is finding legal places to ride with friendly people, exactly what I was looking for.
That one and midcoastjeep.com. Both clubs share a lot of members and between the two clubs there is usually something going on most every weekend.

· Registered
197 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm up further north than most of midcoast's runs.

I had a great time last weekend with maine4x4 -- my first real trail. I had a blast, got to travel up some severe washouts and even found myself in a mudhole (which wasn't on purpose, I was avoiding the deep holes due to lack of skid plates).

When I got back, the 7-pin trailer connector was full of mud -- and four live worms.

· Registered
178 Posts
anybody in the southern maine area? Id like to get into a club.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.